Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cheese Cream Pie for Pi Day

This is the first year that all four of my sons are old enough and aware enough to notice that March 14th is Pi Day.  They even asked if I would make a pie to celebrate.  I am actually making a different pie than this one.  My posts are scheduled out a ways (knock on wood that that trend lasts), so this is a pie that already filled the poor wee ones.   (three of my boys are as tall or taller than me **hee hee**) (did I really just **hee hee?**)
Pie can be hard or easy (hence that easy as pie phrase), depending on how much effort you want to put into it.    This one is classified under super easy.  I mean super-dee-duper-easy-peasy!  (I think I might be sick from all of the strange cutesy remarks I am throwing into this post).  It's a no-bake.  It's even in a store bought crust.  But this pie is so good that I had to referee fights that broke out over these last two pieces. 

Cheese Cream Pie: (adapted from a vintage Eagle Brand Milk booklet from 1968)
1 prepared graham cracker crust
1 8 ounce brick cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Beat the cream cheese and condensed milk until fluffy.  Add the lemon juice and vanilla. Continue to beat for 1 more minute.  Pour into the pie shell.  Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.  Top with fruit if desired, but really, this pie can stand all by itself.

14 comments:

Tiffanee said...

I can see how the fights came about! This sounds and looks so delicious!

review said...

that looks so delicious!

yummychunklet said...

I've been swamped lately, so I'm missing a pie for Pi Day. I'll just drool over yours!

Jen @ Juanita's Cocina said...

OH YUMMMM!

And your pictures make me want to lick my screen! I can't wait to try this one!

Mal said...

This sounds so good!

Mal @ The Chic Geek

Sue said...

I like easy-peasy, especially with results like THIS! :)

Tina said...

Not sure why I have never seen or eaten this before-this vintage recipe has been hiding from me! Cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk-count me in. Ha-I wonder who was the lucky recipient that won the fight over the last piece. Nothing better when things go your way when it comes to the last slice!

Juliana said...

Like this pie...condensed milk and cream cheese, perfect to celebrate pie day :)
Hope you are having a wonderful week Kristen!

gobakeyourself said...

This pie looks so tasty - what a great to celebrate :D
And I promise I would be fighting to the tooth for a piece!

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

Inside a British Mum's Kitchen said...

this looks SO delicious - I simply LOVE how easy and mouthwatering it is!!! bookmarked!
mary x

Katie said...

OMG This looks amazing... must try asap!

Baking Serendipity said...

Pi day was the only day I liked math in high school! We took a break from thinking and ate instead :) I don't think I've seen a pie like this one before...but it looks fantastic!

The Harried Cook said...

This looks so delicious! I would fight for a slice... Yum! and as you said, it seems quite easy to put together too! Love it, Kristen! Thank you :)

Kathryn said...

Sounds like it would be easy to make and delicious! Thanks for sharing this with us :)

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.