Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Banana Honey Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins

I was looking back over my recipes and found that every six months or so, I post a banana muffin of some sort.  Well, this is the last one, I promise (she says with fingers crossed behind her back).  However, if you want a double fudge banana muffin, a banana bran muffin, a whole wheat banana muffin, or to turn a banana coffee cake or pumpkin banana bread into a muffin, you have come to the right place.
So what's so special about these muffins?  Well, they have got oats for chewiness and honey for sweetness and chocolate....well,  because chocolate just goes with bananas.  Okay, maybe these muffins aren't out of the ballpark-spectacular, but they made a great snack for my crew of hungry eaters.  And when the hoards are happy, I am happy.  That's just the way it is.

 Banana Honey Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins:
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup honey
2 medium bananas, mashed
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups self rising flour
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
 In a bowl, combine the brown sugar and oil.  Add the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, oatmeal, honey and bananas until smooth-ish (the bananas will make the mixture lumpy).  Add the flour and salt, stirring just until combined.  Fold in the chocolate chips.  Scoop into 24 greased muffin tins.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until tests done.

17 comments:

Vimitha Anand said...

Flavorful and gorgeous looking muffins...

Aarthi said...

muffins look awesome..perfect with a cup of chai

yummychunklet said...

Delicious! And, your recipe uses buttermilk, which I'm always looking to use up!

Lizzy said...

You are like me except my excessive posts are of brownies and chocolate chip cookies :) Your muffins look wonderful~

Katherine Martinelli said...

These look amazing!! Nothing wrong with lots of banana muffin recipes :-) I love the oats in this one.

Angie's Recipes said...

These oatmeal muffins with chocolate look awesome!

Joanne said...

These sound like a great way to kick off a saturday morning! Delicious!

Katie @ OhShineOn said...

Sounds great! But I never have buttermilk in my pantry! Too bad because these look delicious

Crunchy Creamy Sweet said...

I have been craving muffins lately. What better than muffins with chocolate chips? YUM!

ping said...

Agreed. Chocolate goes great with bananas ... and I go bananas over that combination. Post away! Who's complaining? The muffins look great!

cooking lady said...

love the ingredients you put together. Great post. Love your blog

Elpiniki said...

Love this combination!! Sounds really good!

Little Mommy said...

These look delish! Nothing better than banana and chocolate!

Lyndsey said...

I like seeing different versions, so good of you to do that! :) I would really like to make more muffins, I don'y know why I don't. I have bookmarked this one. I like the oats added for that texture.

drick perry said...

they sure do look ballpark-spectacular, banana and chocolate sounds just great, maybe I'll throw in some peanut butter and go darn crazy...

The Harried Cook said...

Those are some perfect looking muffins... they look like really beautiful! And the combination is just delicious! Thanks for sharing, Kristen! Will be making this for breakfast soon :)

Baker Street said...

Honey, oats and bananas sound like a perfect combination. :)

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.