Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Baked Spaghetti : Crazy Cooking Challenge

It's Crazy Cooking Challenge time over at Mom's Crazy Cooking.  This month, Tina chose spaghetti.  Those of us participating had to find another blog with a recipe we wanted to try.  I am so glad that I have never posted baked spaghetti before so that I could do so now.  This is actually a favorite of ours, but somehow I never got around to posting it.  I found an almost identical recipe over at Sprinkled with Love.


I used meatballs instead of ground beef.  This dish went together in a snap.  After boiling the noodles, I just added store bought sauce and thawed meatballs.  I topped it all with cream of mushroom soup and lots of cheese.  This hearty dish gave me three nights of dinner.  My kids were so glad to see the bottom of the casserole by the last day... I really either need to cook less or they need to start eating more.  It makes me realize that I was the one cleaning up all of the leftovers before I went gluten-free.  Oink Oink.
Baked Spaghetti (adapted from this recipe)
16 ounces spaghetti, cooked al dente and drained
32 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
24 ounces frozen meatballs, thawed in the fridge
1 10 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
4 cups shredded cheese (I used mostly cheddar because that's what I had)
In a very large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, spaghetti sauce and meatballs.  Pour in to a greased 9x13 pan or a 3 quart casserole dish.  Spread the cream of mushroom soup evenly over the top.  Sprinkle all of the cheese over that.  Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees until heated through and the cheese is bubbly. 







Photobucket

29 comments:

Lesa @Edesias Notebook said...

Looks yummy. I love all the melted cheese on top! Great choice.

Patti said...

Looks delish Kristen! Stop over at Comfy Cuisine if you can!

Jen @ JuanitasCocina.com said...

What a great entry for the Crazy Cooking Challenge!

Love the meatballs! YUM!

Magic of Spice said...

What a fun idea for refreshing up a spaghetti dinner, my family would love this :)

Jen at The Three Little Piglets said...

Baked spaghetti is on of our families favorites - and it always amazes me how it can taste so different and so much better than plain spaghetti!

April Tuell Angels Homestead said...

I had to learn to cook less food when I went gluten free. lol I couldn't believe the amount of leftovers that I used to eat and never realized it. Your spaghetti looks great, I LOVE the cheese on top.

Marina said...

I didn't know about this challenge, but for the last two days we had pasta! I baked one yesterday, a old-old recipe from my grandmother. Kids love it! Great post Kristen!

Tina said...

I have always thought that baked spaghetti would be to dry, but apparently I was very wrong! This looks like lasagna with noodles instead of pasta sheets and that is a good thing. Perfect way to showcase this with that big spoon dipping out some of that goodness. I would eat this for 3 days without a complaint-yum!

ButterYum said...

Wow, just look at that big bowl of love covered in ooey gooey melted cheese!! Amazing!!

I hope you'll stop by and visit my CCC - Spaghetti Pie

:)
ButterYum

Erin said...

This looks wonderful! I love all the cheese on top!!!

Kate said...

Looks tasty!!! I've always wanted to try baked spaghetti.... I'm over at #21...hope you'll take a peek!

Kristin said...

Another great baked spaghetti! I really need to try it!
#29

Terry said...

Looks great and sounds like it's easy to make too.

SharleneT said...

Baked spaghetti is the only way to go for saving and freezing leftovers. We love it and I'm gonna try this one, soon, in the solar oven. I'm #28. Come visit when you can.

carolinaheartstrings said...

That looks terrific. We love it too and for some reason, I rarely make it. Silly. Come visit. We have some great things this week.

Tara @ Crock-Pot Ladies said...

Coming over from the Crazy Cooking Challenge and I knew you'd have something delish! That looks so good. I've never made baked spaghetti, will have to try it.

yummychunklet said...

I've always wanted to make baked spaghetti. This looks delicious!

ping said...

You've just got me realizing that I've never made this! I've made spaghetti and meatballs tons of times and even had baked macaroni but not baked spaghetti! Strange. Thanks for this, Kristen!

Lisa~~ said...

That cheesy top looks amazing, I want this dish!

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my CCC entry: Tomato Sauce with Onion & Butter.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

raquel@eRecipe.com said...

Delicious spaghetti!. I love the cheese on top. This will haunt me in my sleep =)

The Harried Cook said...

That looks amazingly good, Kristen.. The sauce looks really rich and the cheesy top looks to die for! Great post :)

Aarthi said...

Awesome Recipe Dear..Bookmarking it to try soon..

Aarthi
http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

Joan@chocolateandmore said...

wow, cheddar cheese, cream of mushroom soup? will have to give this a try!

kitchen koala said...

Looks very cheesey and delicious! This dish looks like it's right up our alley with all that cheese and cream of mushroom soup.

Thanks for stopping by my blog for the CCC!

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I can't resist all the melted cheese on top! Perfect match with the spaghetti! DELICIOUS!

Katerina said...

I believe this is a true family meal Kristen! I am sure everyone in your family has enjoyed it. Looks nutritious and appetizing!

Jennifer said...

Wow that looks really delicious!!

Jen #19

drick perry said...

mushroom soup in spaghetti? .... brilliant, love it, sounds like an old recipe which as you know, is my favorite kind...

Angie {Successful2gether} said...

recipe sounds ammmmazing :) Love it!

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.