Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

The Cookie Exchange

(pumpkin chocolate chip, spritz, shortbread, caramel dipped marshmallows, apple cider caramel, holiday cookies, raisin nut nibbles, lemon cheese cups, )
Just for fun, I thought I would share some pics from the cookie exchange that I attended earlier in the week.  20 people came, each bringing 7 dozen cookies.  We took 4 cookies from each plate and ended up with a great assortment of treats for ourselves.
(chewy choco-cream cheese, snickerdoodles, fudge, lemon drop)
(peanut butter balls, chocolate ginger squares, andes chocolate, mint florentines, peanut butter blossoms)
(devilish marshmallow bites, oatmeal peanut butter, cookies n cream, white chocolate cran oatmeal)
It was a cookie-palooza if ever there was one.  I learned that you MUST bring a big empty container when you go to a cookie exchange.  As it was, I waited until my container was almost gone, transferred the remainder to a plate and then made my way around the tables.  I froze all of the normal cookies and left the marshmallow, frosting laden treats out for an easy, fun dessert for the family.  This was a ton of fun.  Definitely something that I want to do again in the future.

26 comments:

ping said...

Great idea for a party this. I really should bring this up to my friends here... a real cookie swap, not a virtual one where I only get to drool!

Belinda @zomppa said...

How awesome is this! I so wish I was there!!

Lizzy said...

I LOVE cookie exchanges...except for the part where you have to bake dozens of cookies ;) You got some great goodies!!!

Nanna said...

looks like the cookie swap was a success!, I noticed your comments are up into your post,mine alwasy did that & I discovered that if you'll click enter about 3 times to scroll down a bit after the end of a post it'll stop that from doing that, hope that helps
Helen

Sandi said...

Cookie HEAVEN!!

Three-Cookies said...

Wish I didn't see the photos:) I have never been to a cookie exchange, definitely something worth trying

adventuresindinner said...

Looks amazing! This is my first year in a long while that I'm not part of one.

MrsFoxsSweets said...

This looks like so much fun!

Sarita said...

Cookie exchanges are fun! I didn't get to do 1 this year but I have in the past! I want to try each 1 of these!

Anita Stafford said...

This looks wonderful, glad you got pictures! I really want to do this!

comfortablydomestic.com said...

What a great collection of cookies! Saw your post via @BusyAtHome on Twitter. If you register your cookie exchange via Glad to Give, they will donate 10-cents for each one to Cookies For Kids' Cancer research. :)http://www.glad.com/promotions/

Ann said...

Now that WAS a cookie palooza for sure! I'm attending a cookie exchange next week - I love them! Thanks for sharing Kristen - everything looks delicious!

dikvipreal said...

Thank you for sharing.

Kim Bee said...

I've never done a cookie exchange but have always wanted to. I need to move out near you and Ann so I can terrorize you both, er, I mean do things like cookie exchanges with you.

Joanne said...

Wow this sounds SO awesome! That is a crazy amount of cookies!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts said...

Wow - that is a lot of cookies! So much fun though - I love cookie exchanges!

blackbookkitchendiaries said...

that sounds so fun! I would love to do that as well... wish we were neighbours:) thank you for sharing this post.

Jen at The Three Little Piglets said...

What an awesome selection of cookies! Hope you got some fabulous ones!

Angie's Recipes said...

What a fun cookie party!!!

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I've never been to a cookie swap and this sounds so fun! Each prepared 7 dozens....wow! I am sure it was a fun and delicious event. :-)

Cathy Wiechert said...

This does look like fun! I did a small one once with my dinner club...much smaller...but I had a blast. We'll have to plan another one next year.

Susan Lindquist said...

Wow! I have just spent a few minutes craning in on your photos to look at all the amazing cookies! What a cookie platter you all have this Christmas!

Merry Christmas, Kristen!

mywanderingspoon said...

Kristen, this is celebration for the eyes....beautiful cookies. Merry Christmas!

~3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

WOW what fun and how beautiful!!

Sue said...

WOW, that's some cookie exchange! FUN!

Amanda said...

great idea! maybe i'll host one myself one day...

Amanda
softandstiffpeaks.blogspot.com

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.