Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Blueberry Graham Pancakes



Don't Forget to Vote for my Winter Grain Salad by putting it into your erecipecards.com "Box."  There is a link to all of the competitors on their home page!



This recipe came straight out of my head.  I was in the mood for some thick blueberry pancakes.  I wanted something really filling and delicious and slightly different.  That would be because these were for dinner, not breakfast and I just cannot stand it when my teenage sons tell me that they are hungry 15 minutes after dinner is over and the leftovers are in the fridge.  That has to be one of my biggest pet peeves.  I think I could write an entire post on teenage boys and their stomachs.

Anyhoo, these were meant to be FILLING.  I started by looking at my pantry and my fridge.  I put all sorts of ingredients on the counter....graham crackers, sour cream, blueberries, oatmeal.   Did I say I wanted these to be filling?
Sometimes, when I put my little girl to bed, she calls out to me after five minutes and says in a whisper, "Mommy, there's a hole inside my tummy that needs to be filled with a little sip of water."  I am happy to say that there were no holes in any tummies after these pancakes were eaten.  I could tell because it was a whopping 45 minutes before the teens were back in the kitchen looking for more food.  They were definitely stuffed.

Blueberry Graham Pancakes
1 1/2 cups coarse graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal (or quick)
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
1 cup milk
2 eggs
2 Tbsp oil
1 cup frozen blueberries
In a bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.  Dump in the wet ingredients and stir.  Fold in the blueberries.  Let batter sit on the counter for 15 minutes.  Ladle out and cook on greased hot griddle or pan.

21 comments:

LDH said...

Wow, they lasted 45 minutes in their tummies? They have to be great! :) They do look inviting in the photo!

Cathy W said...

I finally figured out the erecipe thing and put your recipe in my file. Now, I want some of those pancakes--they look awesome! :)

Margaret Murphy Tripp said...

Those look delicious! I'll be right over!!!

Tina said...

Graham crumbs as well as sour cream in blueberry pancakes does sound awesome! I am sure they add not only great flavor but a nice texture as well. Yum-I love to see these type of posts right before breakfast! Well done.

Danielle said...

These look good -we might need to make them this weekend!

Belinda @zomppa said...

Oh, what a sweet thing to say! She's so cute. I can understand your boys - I STILL have that feeling often. These pancakes sure look like they would satisfy anyone.

Drick said...

thanks goodness for ideas, this one is great - graham flavor with blueberry is tops and in a pancake? - now I am waiting for Sunday to come when I have time...

Rosemary said...

I would never be able to crate something like this just by staring at the pantry. A soup? Definitely. Pasta? Sure But pancakes. Genius at work!

Prathima Rao said...

Wow..Awesome & delightful breakfast recipe!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

BigFatBaker said...

Love the graham cracker and sour cream with the blueberries, so creative! I remember my BF and guy friends never stopped eating...it was impossible to fill them up. These definitely look like they would do the trick!

Jen at The Three Little Piglets said...

My son is the same way! It drives me completely bananas. Even when he says he' stuffed, he'll still finish whatever his sisters can't eat. Thank goodness I only have 1 boy!

Kim Bee said...

Is nom nom nom an acceptable comment? It should be!!!

Danielle said...

YUM! I wanted to let you know that I featured this on my "What I Bookmarked This Week" post - stop by and see!

Sandi G said...

You make it look so easy!

Screaming Sardine said...

Wow, those look yummy and very filling. I'll definitely be trying this recipe.

Pinning on pinterest. :)

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

Jay @ LocalFood.me said...

Excellent idea with the graham crackers. Must try this.

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

I love blueberry pancakes, but with graham crackers too?! You're a genius! :)

Cucina49 said...

Those look perfect for a winter morning!

Steph said...

Thick, filling pancakes stuffed with blueberries! I can't think of a better morning breakfast!!

kita said...

Oh wow. These sound so yummy! I love blueberry pancakes and with graham cracker crumbs? This idea rocks from the ground up!

Quirky Jessi said...

45 minutes has to be a new record, lol.

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.