Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Mashed Potato Pie: Secret Recipe Club

It's Secret Recipe Club time!!  This month, I was assigned Erin's blog, Making Memories with Your Kids.  I have been reading Erin's posts for almost as long as she has been blogging.  She has to be one of the most clever moms I know.  Not only does she have her two sweet children help in the kitchen, but she makes food fun for them.  From her great cinnamon-y breakfasts, to spaghetti inside hotdogs to fabulous teacher appreciation ideas, she has something for every kid at heart.  If you haven't visited her blog yet, go today!
Of all of the recipes that Erin had on her blog, this one spoke to my most basic carb addiction.  Mashed potatoes in a pie crust, with cheese.  Erin's family makes their mashed potatoes with Ranch dressing.  My family prefers them with cream cheese.  I served it with a baked ham, so I skipped the bacon that she added.  This pie could have stood alone as a meal, but it also made a great side dish.  It was almost like a twice baked potato in pie form.
Mashed Potato Pie (adapted from Making Memories with your Kids)
3 pounds of peeled, cooked potatoes mashed with
6 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp dill weed
2 tsp garlic powder
enough milk to reach desired consistency
1 baked pie shell
extra sharp cheddar slices (as desired)
Scoop mashed potatoes into baked pie shell (no need to let it cool).  Insert cheese slices down into the potatoes.  Bake in a 350 degree oven until heated through and cheese is nice and melted.  Serve warm.



34 comments:

amanda @ fake ginger said...

Two of my favorite foods - potatoes and pie crust! I can't imagine this being anything less than stellar!

Erin said...

Yeah! SO glad you were assigned to me =o) Thanks so much for all the wonderful words. You are too sweet! Glad you liked it!

Lesa @Edesia's Notebook said...

I read that blog too and I think I've even got that recipe pinned! Nice choice!

Aarthi said...

YUMMO..This looks awesome..You have made perfectly dear..

Do visit my blog too
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

Emily Malloy said...

So! Scrumptious!!!

Miz Helen said...

This special potato dish has me drooling! This is a great pick for the SRC! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week.
Miz Helen
http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/2011/11/brussels-sprouts-salad-with-warm-bacon.html

Inside a British Mum's Kitchen said...

Wow that sounds great! lovely flavors and so perfect for this time of year!
Mary x

PERMANENT POSIES said...

That looks really yummy! Great SRC post. Check mine out, if you get a chance.
http://permanentposies.com/2011/11/creamy-banana-nut-cake-with-vanilla-bean-frosting/

ButterYum said...

Now why didn't my mother cook like that for me when I was growing up? Lucky kids!!

I hope you'll stop by and see my SRC post for Honey Vinaigrette Marinated Grilled Chicken.

:)
ButterYum
http://butteryum.blogspot.com/2011/11/honey-vinaigrette-grilled-chicken.html

Betsy said...

I love Erin's blog too! she is CRAZY creative! Love this pie, love this recipe! So glad I joined SRC!

Amy said...

Looks great -- so fun to be in SCR with you!

Amy said...

Looks great! I had her blog a few months ago...such cute stuff on there.

If you haven't already, I'd love it if you'd check out my SRC recipe for Crockpot Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal.

Lisa~~ said...

What a pretty way to serve the potatoes, great SRC choice.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my group 'A' SRC recipe this month: Pork Belly Soup with Collard Greens.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Jeanie said...

Who knew potatoes could be so pretty. Sounds like an idea for Thanksgiving.

Trisha said...

The pie looks heavenly. I can't wait to try it.

Ann said...

Okay - that's just plain ol' COOL! Potatoes in a pie crust? Heaven - sheer heaven!

Joanne said...

You know I love me some carb-on-carb action. This looks awesome!

Sandi said...

Perfect for the carb addict ;) YUM!

Tina said...

This is a creative masterpiece! I have never really experimented much with mashed potatoes, but obviously there is a vast realm of how to prepare them. This, by far, is one of the most unique mashed potato dishes I have seen! You did pull out a super recipe from Erin. Now I have it thanks to the SRC. Well done.

Lizzy said...

How fun that you were assigned Erin's blog. I can see why you chose this fabulous potato dish...my family goes nuts for mashed potatoes and this version sounds incredible!

Jen at The Three Little Piglets said...

They would be so cute in little miniature form for the holidays as well!

Julie said...

This looks so delicious. I could eat the whole thing. I love mashed potatoes!

Ellie Delancey said...

I really like this idea. I love pies and mashed potatoes so this is right up my alley!

http://thebitchinkitchin.blogspot.com/

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

This looks so cool and delicious! Great SRC pick!

Baker Street said...

Lovely idea! the pie looks heavenly! :)

Tiffanee said...

Oh YUM! Love this way to serve potatoes, for I have never seen it before! Gonna make this and soon!!

Monet said...

For a girl who loves potatoes and cheese, this recipe looks just about perfect. Thank you for making my morning brighter! I'm so glad I have your blog to make me smile. I hope you have a great day.

Heather said...

oh, how fun is that recipe! looks great.

mywanderingspoon said...

Fun recipe and for sure super delicious:)
https://mywanderingspoon.wordpress.com/2011/11/10/my-new-video-sweet-potato-pecan-tart-grill-style-recipe/

Sue said...

Oh my, what's not to love with this mashed potato pie?! I know I'd love it!

Kim Bee said...

Is calling a recipe cool enough? It is, it's just cool. Great pick and great pics!

Lynne said...

Savory decadence! That delicious cheese oozing from the mashed potato pie looks divine!

kita said...

This just looks like so much fun! I love it.

Magic of Spice said...

Oh wow, that is a brilliant creations...looks like a perfect holiday side to me ;)

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.