Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies

My oldest child, The Musician, is competitive like no one else I know.  He has to win.   That's why I made these cookies....and yet, when I get to the end of the story, you may agree with me that it was the other guy who really won.  It all started with one of those "my mother is better than your mother" banters.  I can only be thankful it wasn't a "Yo mama" joke instead...right?  Anyway.  The guys bet each other that their mother would drive faster and get to our development before the other.   I arrived to pick up my sons and they all piled in the car like there was a swarm of bees outside and started yelling at me to get going.

As I drove toward home, they started explaining that we were in a race with our friends.  About halfway home, a car shot by us and the Musician got a text from his friend telling him we lost.  Suddenly cookies are brought into the mix.  "My mother will bake your mother cookies if she will slow down!"  HUH?!  Excuse me?  I will what?  "Okay, but they have to be white chocolate macadamia cookies." It's a darned good thing I am a (mostly) good sport.  I must admit I did grumble for fifteen a minute.

White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies (adapted from allrecipes.com)
2 sticks butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 12 ounce package white chocolate chips
1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
Cream the butter and sugar.  Add the eggs and vanilla.  Scrape down the bowl and mix a bit more to make sure everything is equally mixed.  Combine the dry ingredients and add to the bowl, mixing well.  Fold in the chips and nuts.  Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.  Cool on a wire rack. 

28 comments:

Three-Cookies said...

I haven't tried white choc and macadamia but I know they are awesome. What if the overspeeding mum got a speeding ticket - would she have baked cookies for you and the cops? As your kids get older it will be "my mum makes better cocktails":)

Erin said...

White chocolate macadamia cookies are one of my favorites! Who doesn't love macadamias??? I haven't made them in awhile. Thanks for the reminder of how yummy they are!

Belinda @zomppa said...

How funny! And he pulled you into the mix. Smart kid for bringing in macadamia white chocolate cookies...ni-ice.

Lisa~~ said...

White chocolate macadamia are one of my husband's favorite, I'll have to give this a try.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Barefeet In The Kitchen said...

These are some of my favorite cookies. I haven't made them in years though. I'm definitely making them for my Christmas gift baskets this season though! Yours look perfect and I bet they were delicious.

Sue said...

Haha, what a great story! Your son knew that your exceptional baking skills would win the race for him:)I can see why.

Ann said...

Fabulous story and the cookies look amazing! I agree with you....the other boy won! Clever guy....

Vimitha Anand said...

Crunchy n nutty cookies look so yum !!!

danasfoodforthought said...

LOL That is too funny! I think everyone who got a taste of these cookies won, because they sound delicious!

Mrs. Diner said...

One of my favorites!

Prathima Rao said...

Crispy & crunchy cookies & a nice write up!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Drick said...

oh yeah, the music sometimes may seem sweeter but we know it's the harsh reality of life that rules and here I would beg the differ with you, your son's quickness won the game at your expense - good for him I say, and now, do not praise him mightily, but stand above him and be proud that leadership is in the making... well, maybe focus him toward your own beliefs of what is right... what the heck do I know...

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Hands down one of my favorite cookies of all time!

Tiffanee said...

This is my favorite cookie combination and I have never made them before. Thanks! I must try them out. YUM!

Joanne said...

Your boys sound like fun! I hope you kept some of these for yourself...this way everyone can be winners!

Martha (MM) said...

Love your Saturday stories as always and these look scrumptious! Enjoy the long weekend :-)

Hester @ Alchemy in the Kitchen said...

Smart kid, The Musician! Excellent cookies - I'd slow down for these too!

Stephanie said...

You know, i usually hate white chocolate, but for some reason, I still love macadamia nut cookies like this! Whoever got to eat these was a winner if you ask me!

Eileen said...

I say those cookies look like winners. I so need to make some cookies - it's been too long and yours look so yummy.

Sandi G said...

Nice recipe!

Jen at The Three Little Piglets said...

That's hilarious! My kids do stuff like that all the time... My son recently told his science teacher I'd make him cookies in consideration for giving him an A on his project. Nice kid...

Kim Bee said...

Beautiful cookie and wonderful recipe. Such a classic. You really did a great job on these.

Elyse @The Cultural Dish said...

Omg I have been craving these! I went to the store to get ingredients, and can you believe they did not have macadamia nuts!!! :( I'll just have to stare and drool over your pictures!

The Mom Chef said...

I guess I shouldn't be smiling as big as I am, but I have to admit, if I had a cookie to choose, this would be it. Especially since it's so healthy, right? Wow, those look fantastic. Yeah, the other guy won (or at least his mom did).

Lizzy said...

Oh, man, I need to whip some of these up soon! I might even have some macadamia nuts in the freezer!!! (fingers crossed)

briarrose said...

Hysterical! What great cookies. I'm going to have to pick up some macadamia nuts to whip some together.

Spanish Pinay said...

this was a riot LOL... and I must say that's a sweet thing for these youngsters to have this sort of competition about "who's mom is better" that means they are proud of their mom! But be careful on getting a speeding ticket ;-)

Spanish Pinay

kita said...

Ill challenge you if it gets me a batch of these awesome looking cookies! They sound wonderful and I would happily lose to you!

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.