Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Caramel Oat No-Bake Cookies

This time of year, the weather can be so finicky.  One day it seems like fall is on its way and the next, the temperatures skyrocket.  On top of all that, school-sports-activity schedules have turned my days into a whirl.  No bake cookies come in so handy.  They whip together in no time and I don't have to heat up the house with the oven.  I have managed to amass quite a repertoire of such recipes, but there doesn't seem to be an end to the flavor and ingredient combinations.  These babies are sweet-to-the-max with brown sugar and butter and caramels boiled together. 
Caramel Oat No-Bake Cookies
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup evaporated milk (not condensed)
1 cup brown sugar
24 caramels, unwrapped
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups oatmeal
In a saucepan, combine the butter, evaporated milk and brown sugar.  Bring to a boil and boil rapidly for 3 minutes.  Lower the heat and add the caramels.  Stir until smooth.  Remove from heat and add vanilla.  Put oatmeal in a large bowl and pour caramel mixture over oats.  Stir to mix.  Scoop out ping pong sized balls and flatten them on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.  Put into fridge to firm up.

25 comments:

Inside a British Mum's Kitchen said...

LOVE these!! we have a similiar cookie in England which we cut into bars and call flapjacks! A perfect cookie for this time of the year.
Mary x

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

These cookies sound so good! I love that they are no bake too!

Belinda @zomppa said...

It's the first non-90 day! Woohoo! No bake? These could be dangerous.

MariaS said...

Oh my oh my! Making them today for an after school snack! Thank you for sharing!

SnoWhite said...

yeah... these look amazing. I love that these no-bakes don't rely on peanut butter as the binder! Thanks.

Shannon Milholland said...

Can these be considered a breakfast food? :)

Blackswan said...

I'm not a baker so this recipe is fantastic for me. Have a lovely weekend, Kristen!

briarrose said...

Oh beautiful, tasty caramel. I would nom my way through the entire batch. ;)

Curt said...

Yum. These looks nice and sticky!

Tina said...

I shall say that these are big oat caramel chewies! They look tasty-great post!

Laurie @simplyscratch said...

Love these!

Sandi G said...

Fast & easy, thanks!

Free Spirit Eater said...

Oh heck yes! This recipe looks awesome! And I don't even have to go through the trouble of baking them! Lovely photos! =]

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

I love how these don't have to be baked!! The sound so yummy!

Erin said...

They look absolutely delicious!!!!

Peggy said...

I love the caramel twist on the classic no-bake cookie! These will definitely have to be made very soon =)

Jen at The Three Little Piglets said...

Living in Georgia, I'm a big fan of anything no-bake!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Loving these no bake cookies! I'm always looking a delicious twist to the traditional :)

The Farmers Wife said...

YUM!!! I love that these are no bake! Great recipe, can't wait to try it!

cookingvarieties said...

hi kristen, how's arizona today.. this is soooo yummy and munchy and crunchy..bookmarked with many thanks for sharing.
great photos make them look more tempting for my taste buds

Ann said...

That is such a COOL recipe! I love that it has caramels in it! I bet they were amazing and the kids loved them!

Crazy weather, isn't it?

The Mom Chef said...

Why have I not seen these before??? That's caramel. I LOVE caramel. And oats. Which means they're healthy, right? I can eat all of them and it'll be good for my heart. Wow, this is great.

Julie said...

These look delicious. I love no bakes!

kita said...

No bake caramel cookies! Awesome!!!

Amy said...

Mmmm! Super sweet and easy. Love it.

Thanks for linking up at A Little Nosh!

Amy @ A Little Nosh

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.