Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cake Mix Peanut Butter Chip Brownies

These soft, fudgy brownies started from a devil's food cake mix.  By increasing the oil and omitting the water, the mix baked up completely different than a regular cake. 
I wanted a quick dessert and didn't have a brownie mix on hand.  By throwing in a bag of peanut butter chips, I had a treat that everyone in my family loved.  We are huge peanut butter and chocolate fans.

Cake Mix Peanut Butter Chip Brownies
1 chocolate cake mix
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 package peanut butter chips
Stir the cake mix, eggs and oil together.  Add the oatmeal and chips.  Spread batter into a greased 9 X 13 pan and bake for 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.


Anita Stafford said...

This looks so good and I love the cake mix part! I'll save this recipe, great pictures!

Sue said...

Oh wow, these look so chock full of chocolatey goodness! Peanut butter chips too~fabulous!

raquel erecipe said...

There are lots of different brownie recipes, but they are all prepared similarly and I know this taste really awesome=)

Ann said...

Pretty can adapt like no one I've ever seen! They look amazing!

Three-Cookies said...

Sounds very quick and delicious. I have never seen peanut butter chips - didn't know they existed. I need to get out of the cave more often:)

The Better Baker said...

Oh how I adore simple recipes like this one. I always have lots of cake mixes on hand cause I buy them on sale. Thanks for sharing this simple recipe. Mighty fine in my book.

Hannah said...

I was looking for something yummy to do with cake mixes...they go on sale so super cheap!

kita said...

Does it get any better then a great brownies that comes together quickly?! Thanks for this great recipe.

Cathy W said...

Did you say peanut butter chips? Omg..I can eat them by the handful. Even better that they are in this easy brownie recipe. YUM! :)

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.