Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies: Your Recipe, My Kitchen

Ever since I saw this recipe on Colletta's Kitchen Sink back in December, I have been wanting to make these brownies.  I have five cookie dough loving children who clamor for cookie dough ice cream, cookie dough from the bowl, cookie dough on the beaters or the spatula or anything.  My youngest son is famous for cruising through the kitchen and then announcing loudly, "I call the bowl when Mom's done."  I knew these brownies would be a hit.
I didn't really do much to change the recipe, except to put chocolate chips in the cookie dough and to up the amounts of vanilla.  The brownie base is almost exactly my regular brownie recipe.  I didn't wait too long between pulling the brownies out of the oven and spreading the cookie dough on  top of them.  I threw the whole thing into the fridge after I got the chocolate glaze on to keep the hungry hoards from stealing any before dinner.  It made the chocolate crack when I cut it, but in the summer, I don't think I would leave a pan out....or on any days off from school for that matter.  My sons have reached the bottomless stomach stage and are constantly hungry.  Nothing is safe!!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies (from Colletta's Kitchen Sink)
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp vanilla
Combine the sugar and cocoa in a mixing bowl.  Add the oil and stir well.  Mix in the eggs.  Add the flour and salt and stir.  Lastly, add the vanilla.  Pour into a greased 9 X 13 pan and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 25 minutes or until done.  Once out, make the cookie dough and spread on top.  Finish it off with the chocolate glaze (see below).
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (no egg)
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/3 cup chocolate chips
Mix the butter and sugars until smooth ( I used a wooden spoon, but you could use a mixer, too).  Add the vanilla and then the flour.  When well combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
Chocolate Glaze
1 cup chocolate chips
1 Tbsp shortening
Melt together in the microwave for 1 minute at a time, stirring vigorously after each minute until smooth.  It took my microwave 2 minutes.

On another note, today I am being featured on the Saturday Evening Pot's Make a Food "e" friend Monday hosted by The Lucky Wife. Thanks so much.  If you haven't had a chance to check out that Monday linky party, head over there after you link up here!
So what did you make this week?  Link up your goodies below and please link back to this post, too.  Happy Monday!



35 comments:

Jennifurla said...

O M G, omg, omg, you are torturing me!

Joanne said...

these would be delicious to anyone with a pulse. Amazing.

Ann said...

They look amazing! There are so many cookie dough fans out there....you may get mobbed!

The Harried Cook said...

I LOVE cookie dough! These brownies look incredible! I am bookmarking this recipe, Kristen... Thank you for sharing :)

Vimitha Anand said...

OMG, that looks so inviting and rich and chocolate-y... Could I pls come to ur place for that.

Baking Serendipity said...

Your son can lick the bowl, but I want a giant pice of that brownie! It looks fantastic :)

Tiffanee said...

OH WOW!! This look so delicious!! I want some right now! Thanks for sharing for I will be making these soon!!

Lizzy said...

OK, I'm definitely making these!!! YUM!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Kristen,
What awesome Brownies! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!
Miz Helen

Prathima Rao said...

Gorgeous!!!!! Sinful & just too tempting..LOVE it!!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

collettakay said...

Thanks so much for the shout-out!

Have a great week!

Drick said...

that is one loaded bar... a couple of those should fill those bottomless hole I would think, but then it has been a long time since I was that age.... hope ya'll are fine, getting settled and soon ready for school...

Magic of Spice said...

Wow...this is my idea of a brownie! Just loaded with goodies :)

Daydreamer Desserts said...

Can't wait to make this for my oldest son, who happens to love ALL THINGS chocolate chip cookie dough...

Kelly @ Eat Yourself Skinny said...

What a perfect dessert, all my favorites combines into one! :)

Miriam said...

Those brownies look amazing!! Miriam@The Pioneer Cookbook

Heather said...

These look *ridiculously* amazing.

Erin said...

These are amazing! I made a similar version in June - but my pictures disappeared, so no blogging about it yet. But everyone LOVED them - they are just as wonderful as they sound!

Steph said...

What a fabulous idea!! two for one!!

Marelie said...

thanks a lot for sharing and hosting.I brought my old time favorite...Banana Bread.Have a pleasant week to all

Happy When Not Hungry said...

What a fabulous brownie!!! Love the addition of the cookie dough.

Sue said...

Oh my, these look amazing!

sheryl said...

What a GREAT recipe! I would love it if you came over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow and shared this and other recipes with us! :)
Thanks,
I hope to see you there!

kita said...

Cookie dough and brownies are a very very dangerous combination. These look like I could sit here and gain a few pounds eating the whole tray.

Erin said...

Oh my heck! Yum meets yum!!! I'm in!

TheChocolatePriestess said...

Nice yet simple changes to a recipe are something all we need to make it a new dish or a new bar or a new treat.

briarrose said...

To my mind...cookie dough is like bacon...it makes everything better. These look fabulous.

Not Your Ordinary Agent said...

Uh, YUM! these are amazing! Will you link them to http://notyourordinaryrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/08/blog-post_11.html

http://www.homesandbabies.com
http://notyourordinaryrecipes.blogspot.com

confessionsofabrighteyedbaker said...

Wow... This is an absolutely amazing idea. I love how you accomplished making cookie dough "safe" to eat in an actual dessert. YUMMMM

Lexie Lane said...

Oh my! This looks like calorie heaven! Simple and delicious! Yum!

I'm your newest follower and host from Foodie Friday. When you have a chance, please come and meet us over at voiceBoks.com. It is a great site that allows women to engage and really connect with each other. You won't find the same unpromising atmosphere that you normally do elsewhere. Our site allows you to gain INSTANT followers (yes, they really do follow, you'll see), INCREASE YOUR TRAFFIC, and have a chance to connect with some great women. The traffic we generate for our members is usually VERY good considering we're a fairly new site. In just 1 month after our relaunched, we accumulated over 18,000 posts and 365,500 page visits! Please come take a look and I guarantee you will be impressed with the results.

You may also check out these sites for testimonials of our site:

Best Social Network of the Year

A Great Blogging Community for Moms

voiceBoks - The Place to Be

and... Top 10 Blogs for Work at Home Moms

Hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Lexie Lane
www.voiceboks.com

Mandi said...

Y...U...M

Thanks for sharing!

Found you on the Foodie Friday hop and now following. Love your blog title!

Mandi
Smile and Mama With Me

Not Your Ordinary Agent said...

thank you thank you thank you! these are the bomb! http://www.homesandbabies.com
http://notyourordinaryrecipes.blogspot.com

Erinsgobragh said...

Oh the chocolateyness!

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

THANK YOU so much for sharing your recipe with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I'd like to invite you back this week.
Thanks,
I hope to see you again!

Kim Bee said...

I got so excited I tried to reach into the laptop and think I sprained my wrist. Lol. Such a great recipe. You never fail to impress. Lovely.

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.