Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Bread: Your Recipe, My Kitchen


When my husband travels by car, he likes to take banana bread.  I slice the entire loaf and butter each slice, then place the whole thing in a ziplock bag.  He snacks on it as he goes across the country.  As we packed up our entire household into a truck this week, I decided to vary the routine by adding some peanut butter to his bread. After all, one of his favorite sandwiches is peanut butter, banana and honey.  Why wouldn't he like a peanut butter banana bread? There was one on Big City, Little Kitchen that I really wanted to try.

He liked it, all right, but to tell the truth, he would rather have plain old, regular banana bread.  He is like that.  He doesn't like sauce on his meats, he doesn't care if his spaghetti sauce comes from a long simmered pot or an envelope mix,  he would choose to eat American cheese or Velveeta over Swiss or Jack.  His is a long suffering life, being married to a food blogger.
Peanut Butter Banana Bread (adapted from Big City, Little Kitchen)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
3 bananas, mashed
1/3 cup plain yogurt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, oil and peanut butter.  Add eggs and yogurt.  Combine dry ingredients and add.  Stir in bananas last.  Pour into a well greased loaf pan.  Bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour 10 minutes or until tests done with a toothpick.  Let cool 5 minutes in pan and then turn over onto a wire rack to cool.

I am in the middle of "THE MOVE"...should be in Houston on Sunday and leaving for points East on Monday morning.  I won't be around much to visit your blogs, but please link up what you have been cooking!




23 comments:

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

Thanks so much for hosting :) I love to see all the goodies!

Ann said...

Coming from a LONG line of peanut butter eaters - I love it....and my family would flip for this one!

Vimitha Anand said...

Peanut butter and banana - I would just love this bread.. Looks yum...

The Harried Cook said...

Your husband sounds a lot like mine - set in his ways! :) I would LOVE this bread... Thanks for sharing! Hope everything's going well with whatever stage of the move you're in right now... :)

Raquel @ Erecipe said...

most of guys are like that, my husband also wants the old way that shifting to new. =)

Three-Cookies said...

Peanut butter and banana together, sounds awesome.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

The bread looks awesome! Thanks!

Beth said...

My youngest daughter would happily eat the same thing every night if I let her. Good luck with your move!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Kristen,
Your bread looks great! Have a safe move.Thanks for hosting and see you soon!
Miz Helen

Carol@easytobeglutenfree said...

Wow, what a great combination! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks for hosting and good luck with your move!

The Slow Roasted Italian said...

Oh my word, peanut butter banana bread??? Can we get a chocolate drizzle on there and just call it heavenly? YUM

Emily Malloy said...

Delicious!

Marelie said...

Hi Kristen, its nice to be back here.Thanks for sharing and hosting too.I best this peanut butter banana bread is really good!I will really try it...

Nami @ Just One Cookbook said...

Wow first time seeing peanut butter in banana bread! Sounds delicious and creative!

Hester Casey @ Alchemy in the Kitchen said...

Oh... packing up and moving house... I don't envy you! Good snack food this banana bread. Sounds wonderful with the peanut butter.

Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family said...

I bet if Elvis had eaten this instead of those fried sandwiches he was so fond of his life MIGHT have been a little healthier.

Kelly @ Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Ooo I LOVE banana bread but the use of peanut butter here sounds delicious! :)

Steph said...

This is my kind of bread!!

The Farmers Wife said...

We love peanut butter, banana and honey sandwiches too. I will have to give this a try!

Cassie @ Bake Your Day said...

My husband eats a PB and honey sandwich for breakfast in the morning and it's really one of my favorite combos too, I'm bookmarking this one!

Mama's Gotta Bake said...

Man, i love banana bread, and I bet it's even better with peanut butter. I've gotta try it!

kita said...

As much as I love banana bread - I don't think I have ever tried peanut butter banana bread! This sounds outstanding!

briarrose said...

Mmmmm....peanut butter and banana bread....so delicious. Wonderful snack while traveling.

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.