Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Oatmeal Honey Pancakes: Your Recipe, My Kitchen

 Since moving, I haven't been making menus like I should.  I am still not in the full swing of normal yet.  I don't know what I am waiting for...maybe school to start or the weather to stop being so bloomin' hot.   I need a good kick in the pants, but in the mean time, I am cooking according to whims and the contents of my cupboards.  So when I woke up one day and wanted oatmeal pancakes, I headed to the blog world and found a fantastic recipe on Coleen's Recipes.
They were light and fluffy and perfect.  Oatmeal gives pancakes a nice chewiness.  They were a hearty breakfast topped with jam or syrup.

Oatmeal Honey Pancakes (adapted from Coleen's Recipes)
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup oatmeal
1 egg
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Combine dry ingredients in one bowl.  Combine wet ingredients in another, whisking the honey well into the buttermilk.  Mix the wet ingredients into the dry, let sit for 5 minutes to moisten the oats and then ladle onto a hot, greased griddle.

Your turn!  Feel free to link up anything you have made this week in your kitchen.  Please link back to this post or blog, too.



26 comments:

Three-Cookies said...

Oatmeals are awesome, I love them in cookies etc! Never tried them in pancakes though

Drick said...

I have never had these either, what have you been waiting for in posting this one...
don't rush getting into the swing just yet, take a moment and enjoy the newness of your locale... just have your running shoes ready...

Ali said...

Thank you so much for hosting for us :) I am sharing some zucchini bars and a grilled tomato sandwich. Have a great week!

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

I really like the sound of those pancakes - the oatmeal would add a great nutritional boost as well as a lovely flavour. I've shared my Mom's Jam Muffins - thank you so much for hosting.

Fallon said...

Those look great. I love a fluffy pancake!

Sue said...

I love the look of these pancakes! Now all I need to do is make some so I can taste them:)

Ann said...

These look amazing! I love the addition of oatmeal in them....so clever! Buttermilk is one of my all time favorite ingredients for pancakes, too!

Bev said...

The oatmeal and the honey in this recipe sound fantastic! I would have never thought to put oatmeal in my pancakes :-)

Vimitha Anand said...

Thats a very yummy looking combination... Perfect for breakfast.

The Harried Cook said...

I love oatmeal pancakes... I only discovered them recently, but I've been making them ever since! Love this spin on it :) Can't wait to try it soon! :)

Prathima Rao said...

Super yummy, soft, fluffy & healthy pancakes!!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

SnoWhite said...

This recipe uses so many of my favorite pancake ingredients all in one -- oats, honey and buttermilk. Just pinned this to Fri Fav Finds!

Inside a British Mum's Kitchen said...

Those pancakes look SO fluffy and delicious - wonderful
Mary

Miriam said...

Beautiful pancakes! Perfect with hot maple syrup :), Miriam@The Pioneer Cokbook

Denise said...

Sounds great I love anything that uses buttermilk. Thanks for hosting !!!

Roxana GreenGirl said...

oatmeal in a pancake, I have to try it! Tiffany would munch one some right away

Magic of Spice said...

That is a great recipe...I don't think I have ever tried oatmeal pancakes before but they look fantastic :)

Christine's Pantry said...

Love pancakes. Looks wonderful!

Tiffany said...

These look wonderful!

Curt said...

I love oatmeal and honey. And I especially like the both of them together.

I'll be trying this one for breakfast soon.

Baking Serendipity said...

I am ready for the weather to get cooler too! Ugh...Arizona summers. These look like a good way to get my mind off the heat :) I love pancakes!

Hester Casey @ Alchemy in the Kitchen said...

Wow - these look super-fluffy. A definite MUST MAKE!

Peggy said...

These pancakes sound super delicious! Might have to save this one for breakfast for the weekend =)

RavieNomNoms said...

Oh wow, what delicious looking and sounding pancakes! I have never had oatmeal in my pancakes, but now that I think about it..why not!?

Sandra said...

My grandsons are visiting and they are pancake fiends. I'll have to make these for them.

kita said...

And bookmarked! How could anyone resist a pancake with oats and honey. That just sounds like home right there. Comforting and delicious. I can't wait to try these :D

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.