Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Your Recipe, My Kitchen: Triple Chocolate Cookies

Everyone needs a chocolate fix once in a while.  In order to satisfy that "fix" for all of the chocolate lovers in my house, I had to find a cookie that contained both chocolate and white chocolate, too.  Though I don't consider white chocolate to be real chocolate, my eldest son prefer it.  He often complains that there is just too much chocolate in our house and not enough of the white stuff.  These cookies made everyone happy.
I found this recipe over on Lisa's blog,  The Cutting Edge of Ordinary.  Her cookies didn't have the white chips.  In fact, if I hadn't had a very vocal member of my family chiming loudly for the white addition, I would gladly have made her very chocolatey version.  I also used a whole egg instead of just a yolk.  Princess Pat was helping and wanted to crack the egg.  Her little four year old fingers were barely able to crack the egg without putting shells in the dough, there was no way she could separate the egg and there was no way I wasn't going to let her help.  Willing helpers are far and few between.

Triple Chocolate Cookies: (adapted from The Cutting Edge of Ordinary)
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 ounces white chocolate or vanilla chips
6 ounces semisweet chips
Cream butter and sugar.  Add the egg and vanilla.  Combine the flour, cocoa, soda and salt and add to the butter mixture.  Stir in the chips.    Scoop the cookies onto a greased or silpat/parchment lined cookie sheet.  Flatten them slightly with your fingers or palm.  Bake 10-12 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven.

Now it's your turn.  Link up any recipe that you have finally gotten around to making or one that you found on another blog that you just love.  Be sure to link back here.



34 comments:

Angie A said...

these look delish! :) Thanks for sharing!

The Better Baker said...

Definitely my kind of cookie! I'm a cookie monster and love them all, but this much chocolate puts these over the top...I will try them soon. Thanks

Marelie said...

I love Chocolate Chips.Thanks for sharing.I came back to link mine. Thanks for hosting too.

Faith said...

My hubs prefers white chocolate too and for me I would take triple dark chocolate!~ Yum!

The Harried Cook said...

TRIPLE chocolate sounds great! Thanks for sharing :)

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Triple chocolate sounds wonderful! I suppose that technically your son is right, that white chocolate is actually not really chocolate. That doesn't stop me from loving it though :)

Debbie said...

These cookies look delicious, they are giving me a chocolate craving! I'll have to go home today and make em :-)

MrsJenB said...

Ooooh they look fantastic! I love the mix of colors, much more dynamic looking than just plain brown. Though I'm sure they'd be tasty either way! ;)

Miz Helen said...

Hi Kristin,
What a fantastic cookie! Thank you for hosting today and have a special week!

Vimitha Anand said...

OMG the cookies look perfect and rich... Would have been crunchy tooo... Do pass me some...

aipi said...

Oh my - So lovely they look that I want one of those..or two..or more :))
US Masala

Jennifurla said...

I LOVE that blog, these cookies look super.

Devi McDonald said...

Thanks for the opportunity to link up! :)

Denise said...

They sound great, adding to pile of recipes to try after Easter. Thanks

Magic of Spice said...

A chocolate fix every once in awhile? I fall more into the daily category, and these would do it :)

Ryan said...

These sound wonderful! I love finding new and different cookie recipes and these sound delicious with the 3 types of chocolate!!

Mother Rimmy said...

Yum! I don't bake often, but these will be on my list of people pleasers!

Katerina said...

With such a willing and cute little assistant how could not these be awesome! I love them all!

Peggy said...

Sometimes I prefer white chocolate to regular - so these cookies would definitely hit the spot! =)

Pattie T. said...

I have a double chocolate cookie recipe, but not a triple. These look amazing.

Tiffany said...

Triple chocolate ANYTHING and I'm in!

TheChocolatePriestess said...

I see vanilla chips listed but not white chocolate -- that has an official definition and at least in the USA a company shouldn't be able to label something white chocolate unless it is that.

Belinda said...

This definitely calls for cold glass of milk!

Sarah Naveen said...

That looks so yumm!!

baking.serendipity said...

There's definitely room for triple chocolate in my house :) These look fantastic!

briarrose said...

So cute....never turn down kitchen helpers. ;) The cookies look so tasty.

The Country Cook said...

This is a great recipe. We are white chocolate lovers here so this would satisfy the whole family!!

Sue said...

Love the texture of these cookies, and all the chocolate of course!

Joanne said...

I have to say, I really and truly am an equal opportunist when it comes to chocolate...meaning that I feel with these you get the best of all worlds.

Susi's Kochen und Backen said...

I don't think these cookies would survive one day in our house. Definitely has something for everyone in them. Give me a couple of those and a big glass of milk and I'd be very happy :o)

Diethood.com said...

Oh my goodness gracious! Triple chocolate...YUMMMMMY! These would make my husband one very happy dude. ;)

Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Thanks so much for making these and for the link love! They are great cookies! Glad you and yours enjoyed them! Lisa

The 21st Century Housewife© said...

I love the idea of this linky - I'm always bookmarking recipes from other blogs - and this is such a great encouragement to actually get round to making them. Those triple chocolate chip cookies look fantastic - I like the idea of the white chocolate in them...there is no such thing as too much chocolate in my book :)

Rachel said...

I love the addition of white chocolate -- I rarely eat white chocolate but when combined with 'real' (wink) chocolate -- it adds a great depth of flavor!

Thanks for sharing!

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.