Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Your Recipe, My Kitchen: Snickers Cheesecake Brownies


I Springpad to save all of my bookmarked recipes.  Often on Friday, I will head over to my account there and browse down the huge list of recipes to see which one I can manage before Sunday afternoon.  As I scrolled down it this week, I suddenly realized that I had bookmarked two recipes for Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies.  I decided to visit both blogs again to see how similar they were.  They were basically the same.  Amanda did a slight variation on Donalyn's lovely brownies.  I varied it even further.  It seems to be what we bloggers do best.

I used granulated sugar instead of brown.  I omitted the baking powder and cut the flour slightly in the brownie.  I had no baking chocolate in the house, so I substituted milk chocolate chips in the cheesecake.  Finally, I threw 1 1/2 Snickers bars on the top before I baked it.  Just for fun.

I think you will find that no matter which recipe you use, you will have a lovely, decadent dessert on your hands.

Snickers Cheesecake Brownies (adapted from dlynz.com)
for the brownie:
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
for the cheesecake:
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
1 8 ounce brick cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
for the top:
1 1/2 full sized Snickers bars, cut into pieces
Combine the melted butter with the sugar and cocoa.  Add the eggs and stir well.  Add the flour, salt and vanilla.  Pour the brownie batter into a greased 9X9 pan.  Beat cheesecake ingredients in a mixing bowl until very smooth.  Spoon over the brownie batter and carefully spread to the edges of the pan.  Sprinkle the Snickers bar pieces all over the batter.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes (if you are using a glass pan, lower the heat to 325).  Remove from oven and cool, then place in the fridge for a few hours before serving.

Now it's your turn.  Please link back to this post or blog if you are participating!





38 comments:

briarrose said...

Cheesecake, brownies, and Snickers...mouth watering treats!

Ryan said...

Those look absolutely delicious! I love anything with snickers! I'm sure they are marvelous on top of cheesecake brownies!

ryann2 said...

Oh my goodness, what a GREAT combination!! (Oh, and I'm not going to begin to pretend I know what springboarding anything is... )

Now Serving said...

uber delicious!

~3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

OMG these should be illegal they are so decadent, but that won't stop me from trying them!

Vimitha Anand said...

OMG they make me drool... Rich yummy gooey brownies. I would eat the whole lot...

The Harried Cook said...

Oh my! I think I could eat the whole tray! I am a huge Snickers addict and this looks absolutely irresistible!

Going to have to try it! Thanks for sharing :)

The Alchemist said...

I love snickers! They are my favorite. And not just with brownies, but with cheesecake and brownies, that sounds even better!

Lynn said...

oh yum!! I have a closet with a whole bulk box of snickers in it from a party. I can't WAIT to try these out. Oh wow.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Crazydelicious!

Prathima Rao said...

What a sinful yet divine combo!!! These brownies look so perfect !!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Amanda said...

Wow Snickers! That rocks, awesome adaptation!

Elisabeth said...

OMG-Kristen, these brownies are insanely delicious with the cream cheese and the snicker pieces. Yumm!

I'm going to grab your badge and will link my mushroom side dish/appetizer. Sounds like fun:D

MrsJenB said...

I wish you could see my face right now. I really do. I'm sure it must be hysterical. It's just that the sight of those brownies completely erased any coherent thoughts from my brain - they're that incredible looking. Must. have. soon. ;)

Elisabeth said...

Kristen-I tried to re-link my post again, to correct it, but it's not accepted. Sorry, I made the mistake..instead of posting the name of the dish, I posted my name:-((

Lisa said...

Those brownies look heavenly, and with my favorite candy bar on top to boot! Thanks for sharing on Mangia Mondays.

Torviewtoronto said...

these brownies look wonderfully delicious
saw your event will link soon
check out mine as well regards

Katerina said...

Mmm, these brownies are totally decadent Kristen! i've linked my salmon!

Amy said...

Anything with Snickers is okay in my book!

(Found you on Made by You Monday)

Erin said...

Oh yum! These look great!

aipi said...

Oh wow those look so gorgeously chocolaty n fudgy - I am SERIOUSLY drooling :))))
US Masala

Denise said...

They look great, have bookmarked thanks !!!

Magic of Spice said...

Oh goodness these look delightful!

Shelby said...

These brownies look awesome! I love th snickers....

Lizzy said...

Oh, my, so fudgy and wonderful! My first time joining in the fun here...

Carolyn said...

Wow, these look wonderful!!!

Belinda said...

That almost looks illegal. Darn, I could eat that whole pan!

Tiffany said...

Snickers just for the fun of it?!?? I love it :D

Confectionary Designs said...

Yum! My customers would so love these!

TheChocolatePriestess said...

Another great recipe to keep in mind for after Halloween to use up all the left over candy.

Gina said...

I think I'm saving your version. Love how you added the snickers. Hope you are having a great week.
-Gina-

Wilde in the Kitchen said...

You totally won me over with that Snickers :) I love love love them in everything! I think I'm going to have to make a pan of these this weekend!

Evan B said...

You had me at snickers and brownies.. I would love one of these right now.. before bed of course with a big glass of milk!

Kita said...

OMG. I think this must be what they serve in heaven!

danasfoodforthought said...

Wow, there are so many good things going on in these brownies! Wounds delicious!

Megan said...

These brownies look killer. We love snickers around here, and brownies, so you got our attention! ;)

The Country Cook said...

How did I miss this post?!?! Dang - these look awesome!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh goodness that is just not nice to post that. I'm just lucky I don't have all the ingredients here ... lol

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.