Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Ranch Chicken Strips

When I tell my family that I am making Ranch Chicken Strips for dinner, I get a chorus of, “Yes!” from all of them. This is by far, our favorite chicken dish. My kids, who normally really hate to eat leftovers, will eat this chicken for a late night snack and then again for breakfast if there are still a few strips left by then.  It is so easy and it only has four ingredients.

It took a lot of trial and error to achieve this recipe.  Always using Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix as the main flavor, I started out using bread crumbs as the coating, then I went to Italian seasoned breadcrumbs. Crushed nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips were next, followed by cheese crackers. Finally, and by this I mean the best of all the variations, I used crushed Keebler Club crackers. It cannot be any other cracker. I also played around with the dipping medium. After trying a beaten egg and then melted butter, I settled on olive oil. The better quality the olive oil, the better the flavor.

Ranch Chicken Strips (serves 6-8)
4 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
1 16 ounce package buttery crackers, crushed
2 Tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1/2-1 cup olive oil
Place the cracker crumbs and Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix in a resealable gallon sized bag. Dip the chicken strips into the oil and then drop them into the bag (about 8 at a time). Shake and then put them on a baking sheet. Repeat until all the chicken is coated. It may take more than one baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. (If the chicken strips are really small, you will need to adjust the time down.  Mine were more "tender" sized than "strip").

27 comments:

aipi said...

my little bro is a BIG chicken lover..will make these for him , next time he visits :)

US Masala

Camilla said...

Visiting from Fudge Ripple's linky party. What a delicious-looking recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Katerina said...

I prefer baked chicken than fried one. Why taking all these calories? I am sure this one tasted as great!

Joanne said...

Finding a good chicken strip/finger recipe is harder than it sounds! I love the ranch flavor infused into these...must make them so tasty!

Belinda said...

I don't think nuggets in restaurants only have four ingredients. Tasty!

Stephanie said...

Homemade chicken strips are ALWAYS the best, aren't they? I've been meaning to make chicken sandwiches, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

ravienomnoms said...

Those look so great!

Deeba PAB said...

We get a similar chorus here too. Sounds scrumptious!! Have you tried leaving the tenders in buttermilk for a couple of hours, then draining, into panko and then baking? Very good that way too!!

Wilde in the Kitchen said...

Hmmm, great idea. After a series of strange events, I found up with a TON of hidden valley ranch mix. This is a great way to use some of it up!

lemonsandanchovies said...

These sound so good with all those yummy "breadings". I'd give you a resounding "Yes!" too!

Emily Malloy said...

I am now insanely hungry. This looks fabulous.

thecountrycook said...

This is just the best kid friendly meal! So good and perfect for a weeknight meal!!
Brandie

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

YUM! These look super easy! Love that they are baked!

Beach Bum & Baby said...

Yum!!! I'm here from Tuesdays at the Table and I just bookmarked this. Thanks so much for sharing - it looks delish!!

Carolyn said...

You'd get a resounding YES if you offered this to me for dinner too!

happywhennothungry.com said...

My hubby loves Ranch, so I might have to make this for him. Thanks for sharing!

michelle said...

YUM! i want to try these!

mywanderingspoon said...

Wonderful, another great idea how to prepare chicken fillets:)

Maggie @ Vittles and Bits said...

Such a good idea! My hubby loves Ranch, we will have to try these... I'm always looking for new ways to cook chicken!

briarrose said...

Yum! I can see why everyone loves these. :)

Tiffanee said...

Great minds do think alike. I am loving you recipe though. I love how versatile these can be. Thanks for making my day.

Christy said...

how unbelievably clever! i would have never have thought to try all the different coatings...i am such a bore and would have thrown in the towel at seasoned breadcrumbs! i'm thinking the yum factor on these is really high! thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club!

TheCraftInMe said...

Sounds like my daughter would love these, and it's great they are baked instead of fried, thanks for sharing!

Magic of Spice said...

My ranch flavored obsessed youngest child would be crazy for this :)

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Craft Edition said...

Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Craft Edition - I featured you today! - Mandy, www.craftedition.blogspot.com

Amy Bakes Everything said...

It's funny, but I search for chicken finger recipes like I search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe! This one sounds so yummy, love the HV Ranch!

The Kitchen Masochist said...

I'm joining in the chorus! This looks and sounds great and will be trying this soon.

Thanks for sharing.

KM

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.