Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ranch Burger Stuffed Peppers

 These stuffed peppers are like little meatloaves in a pepper. My favorites are the red ones and not just because they are red.  They are so much more subtle than green peppers.  Once they are cooked, they are sweet, juicy and delicious.
The beef filling has 1/3 cup of Hidden Valley Ranch buttermilk salad dressing and 1/3 cup of bread crumbs per pound of meat.  It's an easy ratio to remember.  The dressing makes the meat so tender.  The meat almost melts in your mouth.
 They go together in a few minutes and then bake for 2 hours, giving you time to get the rest of your meal together.  I served these with the first strawberries and asparagus of the season.  Spring cannot get here soon enough!
Ranch Burger Stuffed Peppers (makes 6-8)
3 pounds ground beef
1 cup Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk Salad Dressing
1 cup fine bread crumbs
1 tsp onion powder
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
6-8 large bell peppers
Prepare the peppers by cutting off the tops and taking out the seeds/core.  In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients until thoroughly blended.  Fill the peppers with the meat mixture.  Replace the tops.  Place in a baking dish and cover tightly with foil.  Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees.  Remove foil and continue baking for another 30 minutes.


23 comments:

danasfoodforthought said...

You are on a ranch roll! These stuffed peppers sound great... I love all stuffed veggies :)

Monet said...

Don't you just love stuffed peppers? They are perfect during the winter months, and like you, I love the red ones! Thank you for sharing your tasty eats with me. I hope you are having a happy and warm Wednesday night.

Faith said...

strawberries and asparagus already!!! I am super jealous!!!

Sue said...

These sound like some exceptionally tasty peppers!

Katerina said...

I prefer the red peppers too. They tend to be more sweet than the green ones. I love stuffed peppers. Very original stuffing Kristen!

Blackswan said...

I love Peppers & enjoy using it in my recipes. I've not tried roasting it tho'. Mmmm.... smells good :)

Belinda said...

Portable, pretty meatloaves?? Fantastic!!

21st Century Housewife© said...

What a fantastic idea, and I love the way you presented the stuffed peppers with the tops on. They look wonderful!

ravienomnoms said...

Such a great idea! I can't even tell you how awesome this is!

Susan Lindquist said...

Oh! These sound delicious and so different from the rice and mince combo I'm used to! A winner all around!

Roxan said...

It took me a while for bell peppers to grow on me (not literally!) but now I am really loving them! I think when it comes to added raw peppers to my salads and such I like the green ones, but roasted and/or cooked like you I definitely prefer the red ones. These stuffed peppers look wonderful!

Erin said...

WOW! These sound amazing! We love anything ranch so we will be trying these soon!!!

thecountrycook said...

I'm not sure it gets much better than that. And this makes me think of summer (sigh). Great recipe!!
Brandie

Charissa said...

We always used to stuff zucchini...but this is a great idea!

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

I love the colorful pictures! They look so nice and cheery with all this snow we've been having here.

Mateja ^_^ said...

Wow, they look so darn delicious! And as I always put rice with meat into stuffing, your way will be a tasty nice change, and the roast on the peppers looks perfect! Thank you for sharing :)

Kathleen said...

Oh YUM! These sound delish!!!

Miz Helen said...

Could you please save me a Red One? Your Ranch Burger Stuffed Peppers look just delicious. I would like to have mine right now. Thank you so much for bringing them to Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

Lizzy said...

My mom used to make delicious stuffed peppers...I wonder why I don't make these??? Yours look fabulous...I need to try them :)

Diethood.com said...

That's a delicious stuffing!
Stuffed peppers are a part of our bi-weekly menu in this house... love them!

Kita said...

Everything about this sounds delicious! Great stuffed peppers are always a hit!

Christie said...

And for those of us who don't care for ranch at all? You've been on a ranch kick for a few days now. Well, this recipe in particular wouldn't work since I'm allergic to peppers, but can the other recipes have something besides ranch? No one in my family likes ranch.

The Mom Chef said...

Can I answer Christie for you? I love seeing the recipes YOU choose to come up with on YOUR blog. (Breathe, Christiane, breathe.)

What you said about liking red peppers over green was a light bulb moment for me! I've never cared for stuffed peppers because the pepper taste is too strong, but I bed if I used red or yellow it would be much more mild and I'd like them. I'll need to try with this dish. Thanks!

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.