Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cinnamon Chip Cookies

Monet, from Anecdotes and Apple Cores, inspired these cookies.  She made some that were similar a few weeks ago that looked so delicious, I had to give them a shot.  I didn't use her recipe, but the idea is hers.  If you haven't visited her before, go...right now.  She is one of those people who make the blog world a little brighter just by being here.
 For these cookies, I used the "supposed" Neiman Marcus recipe. You know, the one with the ground up oatmeal that someone either stole or bought for $250?  Anyway, I thought chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, what's the difference in the long run?
  
 These are crunchy cookies.  In fact, one of my most vocal sons has been complaining that all of the cookies have been crunchy lately.  When he was given a box of frozen oatmeal cookie dough the other day, he told me to watch how he baked them...and learn.  Sheesh!  Someone doesn't want any more desserts for a while!

 No one else complained.  In fact, the cookies didn't last very long at all.  
Cinnamon Chip Cookies
1 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cups ground oatmeal (pulverize in a blender or food processor)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 package cinnamon chips
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
Cream the butter and two cups of sugars.  Add the eggs and vanilla.  Combine the dry ingredients and add.  Stir in the cinnamon chips.  In a shallow bowl, combine the 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.  Form the cookies (I use a small ice cream scoop) and roll in the cinnamon/sugar combination.  Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes at 375 degrees.

36 comments:

Redeemed1 said...

Oh these look wonderful! I will have to try the recipe this weekend.

Belinda said...

I can almost smell them! They are that nice chewy, soft, warm....oh.

Lizzy said...

I love how all us bloggers inspire each other! Your cookies look absolutely amazing...soft and chewy, just how I like them :)

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I so need to find some of these cinnamon chip!

Jennifer said...

I love anything with cinnamon! These look great to me. Thanks for sharing :)
Jenn

LDH said...

These sound so good! They look like just the right crispness too :)

briarrose said...

These look so tasty.

thecountrycook said...

They do look pretty darn tasty!!
Brandie

The Better Baker said...

Sounds awesome to me! I'm in favor of crunchy cookies...and I have a bag of cinnamon chips in my freezer, so I am printing this one to make soon. Thanks for sharing - your pictures are fabulous too.

danasfoodforthought said...

I saw when Monet made these, and I put them on my "to do" list too. They sound great!

lemonsandanchovies said...

Cinnamon chips are nowhere to be found in my neck of the woods and I've been looking for a while. When I finally do, I'll be sure to try these. They look so good!

Joseph's Grainery Recipes said...

Ive never heard of cinnamon chips before, I'll definitely be looking for them now!

Jill Colonna said...

I also haven't heard of cinnamon chips and so will look out for them. Looks good!

Angie's Recipes said...

I love those cookies! Those cookies must have tasted wonderfully with cinnamon chips.

Chef Dennis said...

hi Kristen
I remember those cookies, and yours look sop very very good! I could use a few right now with my coffee....sigh....I love cinnamon!
Cheers
Dennis

Joanne said...

I wish I could find cinnamon chips around here! These look delicious. And yes, the blogger world is definitely made brighter by Monet...love that girl!

Katerina said...

These cookies entered my heart the minute I saw them. Cinnamon is one of my most favorite spices.

Joy said...

Those look lovely. I love the add of cinnamon

Megan said...

I always buy extra cinnamon chips right after Christmas so I have a stash all year long. I dont know why my area stores dont sell them all year. (sigh)
These look like a delicious cookie!

Erin said...

Cinnamon chips? I've never heard of them but now I have to go find them! They sound awesome!

happywhennothungry.com said...

These cookies look delicious! Love the cinnamon... yum!

Roxan said...

Oh, these look amazing! I have been on a MAJOR sweets binge lately so I could totally gobble up a few of these cookies. I can see why they didn't last long at all in your house.

Emily Malloy said...

These are TO DIE FOR.

Julie said...

I LOVE cinnamon chips and put them in everything I can think of. I haven't tried this version yet and I can't wait to try it :)

The Farm Girl

ryann5-egads said...

Ok, I haven't seen cinnamon chips yet, but I think they need to get on the grocery list to start the hunt. :) I like both kinds of cookies, soft and crisp ones, you wouldn't hear me complain! :)

Donna said...

I'm seriously drooling...cinnamon cookies are my most FAVORITES and these cinnamon chips look DIVINE!

ladymorgiana said...

Those look great! I love cinnamon... in everything and especially in cookies :)

mywanderingspoon said...

I love the top, lightly sprinkled, wonderful:)

shopannies said...

they sound delicious I love cinnamon I think i will be trying this cookie recipe

Susi said...

Yum, almost like a snickerdoodle, but better! Awesome! I will have to look harder for these cinnamon chips since I have yet to find them in the valley at a store.

Monet said...

Oh sweet woman..this made my day! You always inspire me, and I'm glad that I inspired these sweet treats. They look delicious! We all need some more sugar and spice in our days. Thank you for sharing. Much love from Austin!

Sue said...

These look great, Kristen! I love that your son wanted to teach you a baking tip/technique:)

Beth said...

Look on the bright side -- maybe your son will become the newest baker in the family!
And I love Monet's blog too. She really is a lovely person and it shines through her writing.

Amy Bakes Everything said...

I lvoe this recipe - it's an urban legend but a great cookie! The cinnamon chips are perfect!

Mother Rimmy said...

I can't say I've ever seen cinnamon chips. Now I'm on a mission to find them. These cookies look fantastic!

Kristi

MySweetCreations said...

They look delicious! I love anything with the fall/cinnamon spices!

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.