Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Your Recipe, My Kitchen: Apple Strudel Muffins

I started bookmarking and copying down recipes from other blogs right from the very beginning of my own blogging experience.  The plethora of good cooks and good recipes never ceases.  I found the recipe for Apple Strudel Muffins on Parenting the Tiniest of Miracles blog through the Ultimate Recipe Swap hosted by Life as Mom in April of 2009.  Yup, this recipe has waited a long time to be made.  And am I ever glad I finally did.  It was a huge hit and made a wonderful breakfast.
These muffins are FULL of apples.  They are moist and sweet and delicious.  They are going on to my regular rotation of muffins.  Once again, I am so glad I made myself start cooking and baking from my huge list of bookmarked recipes.

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
6-8 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped fine
topping
1/3 cup brown  sugar
1 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.   Grease a regular sized 12 muffin pan.  Cream butter and sugar.  Add the eggs and vanilla.  Combine the dry ingredients and add.  Stir in the apples. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin.   Mix the topping ingredients in a bowl with a pastry blender until crumbly.  Sprinkle evenly on top of all the muffins.  Bake for 18-20 minutes.  Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes before removing from pan.  Cool on a rack.

Now it's your turn.  Link up any of the recipes you have made recently using other blogs for inspiration or recipes.  Remember to link back to this blog, give credit to the original author and have fun!

21 comments:

Jennifer said...

These muffins look incredibly good. Wish I had one right now! Thanks for sharing and thanks for hosting this fun linky party.
Jenn

bj said...

I WANT AN APPLE MUFFIN !
ummm, I can't wait to make these.

I didn't know about your meme. Is it every week on Sunday? Gosh, I am forever making something from someone elses blog. Have one on my post for today. :)
xo bj

Ms. F said...

Your apple muffins remind me of muffins I made when I had a small bakery. There was probably the equivalent of an apple in each muffin. Your streusel is much better than mine, I never seem to have a lot of luck with them. Next time!

Green Girl said...

the apple muffin look amazingly delicious. send me some for tomorrow's breakfast, please.
thanks for sharing and thanks for hosting this event again.
hope you're having a wonderful Sunday evening

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

Well they look fantastic to me! So moist and apple-y!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I made a apple sheet cake this week using a similar recipe.I love when there is a good apple taste. Your muffins look fabulous!

Belinda said...

Save any for me in the morning?

Drick said...

these do look loaded with goodness, and baked to perfection... sounds like the perfect apple muffin

Joanne said...

I made an apple crumb muffin around the holidays. What a hit they were Christmas morning.
Nothing beats a good apple muffin.
Your recipe sounds delish and they look superb!

Emily Malloy said...

These look great! I have to make some of these :)

happywhennothungry said...

Yum! These muffins look so tasty especially with that streudel on top!

Katerina said...

I love apples and these muffins are so full of them. I can smell the aroma.

Sandra said...

This sounds divine, and looks even better! Love apple in these little apple strudels

Sweet and Savory said...

Love this linky.

Jill Colonna said...

OK, I'm sold. I'm not a muffin fan but THESE look amazing. Moist, dark and with that gorgeous topping!

Beth said...

You can't ever have too many muffin recipes. These look awesome! And don't even ask how many recipes bookmarks I have.

Sue said...

They DO look good, Kristen! I must remember to make some blog recipes, so I can join in next Monday!

Jane said...

Oh my goodness! You're muffins look SO GOOD! I'm your newest follower. Thanks for hosting this Linky!

Ang said...

Now these look awesome. I'm kind of on a apple kick. My husband loves anything with a sugary crunchy topping.

Peggy said...

I love that these are loaded with apples! And the strudel topping sounds amazing!

Anonymous said...

It is very helpful!

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.