Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Peanut Butter Mini Cups with Molten Chocolate

 Sometimes just a little fiddling with a basic recipe ends in something extraordinary.  These little beauties are made with a basic peanut butter cookie recipe.  They are along the same lines of those yummy cookies with the Hershey kiss, only better.  Fancier.
The original recipe these are taken from called for molding the cookie dough around the filling...like volcanoes.  Not feeling very artistic, but wanting a similar effect, I put them in the mini muffin tin and then gently pushed the edges down over the filling.  The results were prettier than anything I could have formed freehand.  By the way, the filling stays soft, even after it's cooled.  

Peanut Butter Mini Cups with Molten Chocolate (taken from Chocolate-Packed Jam Filled Butter-Rich No-Holds-Barred Cookie Book)
The Filling: 
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Melt the chips in a microwave safe bowl, a minute at a time until smooth.  Combine with the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.  Stir well.  Set aside.

The Cookie: 
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl.  In a larger mixing bowl,  cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar.  Add the vanilla and egg.  Add the dry ingredients.  Place a teaspoon sized ball of dough into each muffin tin.  Press them down to form a cup.  Fill each cup with chocolate filling.  Push the edges of the cookie down over the filling.  Bake12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.

38 comments:

Belinda said...

These are beautiful!! And tooooo good.

Brooks Walker said...

What I really like about the way you fashioned these cookies, is how there'll be a bit of chocolate with each bite - unlike the other similar cookie you mentioned. Awesome!

Kim Kelly said...

These are kind of like those Christmas ones, with the kiss on top. My son's all time favorite cookie. I just may surprise him with a batch of these tomorrow after school though. He will be thrilled! Nicely done!

Faith said...

Ooh I make some kinda like that only with sugar cookies then you melt pb and wtchocolate together for the inside part and top with granola. SO GOOD

The Better Baker said...

Yum! You can't ever go wrong with the peanut butter/chocolate combo. Great idea!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

They look delicious, Kristen! I love peanut butter and chocolate togethee.

E said...

My forever favorite combo! They sound like a dream...

Carolyn said...

All I can think to say is YUM!!!

happywhennothungry said...

Wow these look awesome! Anything with peanut butter and chocolate is amazing. Def have to try these!

21st Century Housewife© said...

Oh my goodness, these look like wonderful bundles of peanut butter and chocolatey yumminess! Thank you so much for sharing - these have just gone on my 'must try' list :)

Drick said...

great idea, I like it when you do the thinking for us, making recipes easy...

Jessie -- The Messie Kitchen said...

Ohhh I am such a fan of the peanut butter chocolate combo... These look awesome!

Katerina said...

Chocolate is my weak point. Anything that contains the black goddess is very appealing to me. just like these little treats with the chocolate hearts. Beautiful!

Chef Dennis said...

hi Kristen

those cups look so very very good! My girls would go crazy over them
have a wonderful weekend
Dennis

Sandra said...

These look amazing! Love the photos!

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

These look really yummy!

Anna C said...

Isn't great when we break the rules and it plays in our favour? They look perfectly delicious.

Anna's Table

TheChocolatePriestess said...

The muffin shape makes for one huge cookie!

briarrose said...

Cute and yummy...love it!

Ang said...

Awesome idea. I love molted cake so these would be a winner in my tummy.

danasfoodforthought said...

Lava cake is one of my favorite desserts, and pb chocolate is a killer flavor combo. These sound so perfect!

ping said...

Wow! These look absolutely yummy! I just got some peanut butter to make peanut butter cups, but this is waaay better!

thespicegarden said...

Wow! These look delicious! A question ... I've never made molten chocolate anything. Does the chocolate filling stay creamy or does it solidify when the cookie cups cool?

egbkid said...

wow, do these ever look good!! I have never tried making PB cups, this recipe looks easy enough to be a first trial!!

aipi said...

I love the pictures of these! They look good enough to eat off the screen :)

US Masala

Suchi said...

looks gorgeous!

Green Girl said...

peanut butter and chocolate, everyone loves this combo and it seems are never too much sweets using these two ingredients.
yours look delicious, thanks for sharing.
hope you're having a wonderful Friday.

p.s. sent you a foodbuzz friend request, hope you'll accept it. thanks

Maggie @ Vittles and Bits said...

These look soooo good! "Peanut butter" and "molten chocolate" sounds like a deadly combo!

Joanne said...

There is nothing I love more than the pb and chocolate combo! This looks wonderful!

Steph said...

These are to die for! You are my hero ;)

cake said...

I am totally crazy about anything filled with chocolate. Heheh. These look so good! crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside....yummmmm!
-abeer @ www.cakewhiz.com

Marisa said...

Oh my goodness! That is all I have to say!

The Mom Chef said...

Wow, you done good. This looks fantastic. Don't let my family see it, ok? I'll have to make it if they do. :)

boulderlocavore said...

These look great and not too difficult (it always seems desserts this decadent would be a challenge). Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Diethood.com said...

PB & Chocolate ... Ah the best combo! The cookies look so pretty, too!

thecoffeebreak said...

They look amazing! Yum!

Elsa said...

Oh my goodness, they look heavenly!

Erin @ EKat's Kitchen said...

These are so fun -- and I would have gone the muffin pan route as well! Thanks for bringing to Friday potluck this week.

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.