Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fancy Pizza: Prosciutto Fig Pizzettes


A few weeks ago, for my Make Your Own Monday series, I published a quick puff pastry recipe.   I used the dough to make these fancy pizzas for my son's fourteenth birthday party.  I didn't tell any of the boys who attended what they were eating.  I simply put one of these babies in front of each of them and let them go to town.  All of them devoured them.  One boy left a few figs on the side, but not one of them asked what was in the "pizza."  I wonder what they'd have said if I mentioned the goat cheese.

It is my opinion that they'd have run for the hills.  Luckily, they were on their best behavior and didn't ask about any of the food I made for them that night.  

Prosciutto Fig Pizzettes (makes 8)
1 recipe puff pastry (or 1 box frozen store bought)
4 ounces goat cheese
2 Tbsp dried figs, chopped
4 thin slices prosciutto
5 large slices Asiago cheese
Divide the dough into 8 sections.  Press it into 8 4inch tart pans.  Divide the goat cheese into 8 parts and spread it on top of the puff pastry.  Sprinkle the figs and prosciutto over the goat cheese.  Top with broken slices of cheese (if you get it from the deli like I did, the cheese will be larger than the tarts...if you are slicing your own, slice 8 pieces).   Bake 12-15 minutes at 450 degrees or until golden brown and bubbly.

24 comments:

Drick said...

such a fancy meal for the youth - the flavors sound just incredible

Chef Dennis said...

those little pizza's are gorgeous! It's too bad you didn't tell them what was on them, their parents would have been green with envy, because you are the super mom!!

Erin @ EKat's Kitchen said...

Wow these tasty pizzettes look spectacular. What a savory treat-- yum!

Debbie said...

Sneaky Sneaky about not telling the boys what's on the pizza, to me though it sounds great! I'm going to have to go back to that puff pastry recipe!

Blackswan said...

Thks for visiting Luxury Indulgence!

Your food looks really good & I'm getting hungry! Looking fwd to sharing & more of your comments, not just on food :)

alessandra said...

This is something unusual, but hey, you made me hungry at 9.00 am.

katerina said...

I am a sucker for pizza. You make it sound so easy, I want to go straight to my kitchen.

ButterYum said...

I had to laugh out loud when I read your comments about the goat cheese!! These pizzettes look and sound soooo good. Lucky kids!

:)
ButterYum

Alina said...

I think it's so funny that when you tell a kid what's in something they stop eating it. Anyways, this recipe sounds tasty. I love mixing sweet and savory.
-the constant hunger

Belinda said...

Perfect party appetizers!!

baking.serendipity said...

Fancy figs impress the heck out of me :) Well played, friend!

blackbookkitchendiaries said...

this sounds so good. i love figs in just about anything. thank you for stopping by my blog. have a lovely weekend:)

Erin @ EKat's Kitchen said...

Thanks so much for joining in my Friday Potluck this week! I'll look forward to seeing your posts each week!

Susi said...

Sounds absolutely amazing! Love the flavor combination :o) I'm also truly impressed that all the kids ate them without complaint! Guess that shows if something is prepared the right way kids will eat!

Brenda said...

What a great combination of toppings for a pizza. I would love this!! Thanks for sharing such an incredible pizza.

Emily Malloy said...

That there is one FANCY pizza!! I love it :-)

JillyAn said...

I don't do pork but darn...these look amazing Kristen. Of course my husband would not complain about the pork in the least. His attitude is he'll just pop an extra crestor and enjoy the bacon! Awesome recipe.

lulumusing said...

Figs and prosciutto....yum. Wouldn't this also make a great appetizer?

Catherine said...

You have a very beautiful site here! This looks dish looks exceptional by the way. Lovely presentation!

Lisa said...

These sound so gourmet. What a great way to use puff pastry.

Pacheco Patty said...

Too funny and such a sneaky chef to get those kids to eat figs and goat cheese(they were lucky). The little pizzas just look scrumptious:)

Mother Rimmy said...

Simple and impressive appetizer. Great combination of ingredients!

Claudia said...

I am loving this idea and bookmarking. I raised a foodie son (the daughter - not so much) -so expose them to foods - you never know what will stick!

Jerri said...

Oh yum! This looks wonderful!

Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites last week!

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.