Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Filled Pasta with Tomato Pesto Cream Sauce

I love stuffed pastas. Fill them with cheese, meat, vegetables, it really doesn't matter.  Cover them with any kind of sauce, it doesn't matter.  Just give me stuffed pastas. These little babies are Buitoni's.
It takes four packages to feed my crew, so I usually only buy these if they are on a mega sale (or reduced for quick sale).  Once in a while, I splurge and buy one container and don't share.  But that isn't very nice.

With this recipe, you could use any kind of pasta....even plain if you so choose.  Ravioli, tortellini, agnolotti...it doesn't matter what you stuff them with, this sauce will go.

Tomato Pesto Cream Sauce: 
1 14 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce 
salt & pepper to taste
In a saucepan, combine tomatoes, cream and pesto until well combined.  Add remaining ingredients and heat through.  Toss with cooked pasta.  The End.

13 comments:

Belinda said...

Love that sauce - the addition of Tabasco is great!

Magic of Spice said...

I love this sauce...looks great:)

Joanne said...

I SO wish Buitoni put their stuffed pastas in bigger packages...like big enough to feed more than 1 and a half people. The sauce is fantastic though!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing your recipe and linking to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

Ginger said...

That sauce looks AMAZING. Must try soon! :)

The Mom Chef said...

What a wonderfully quick and easy dish, yet it looks so beautiful.

baking.serendipity said...

Looks delicious and simple...my kind of meal :)

FrouFrouBritches said...

That looks yummy!! Love the tabasco. I bet that just gives it a little kick. Yum!

Drick said...

Love the sound of that sauce ...and shame on you for not sharing but you're okay, least you told the truth....

Crystal said...

Oh my! This has so many of my favorite ingredients that it HAS to be wonderful!

WendyLynders said...

This looks so very good. It is similar to something that I make... I will be making at the coast in 10 days. YUM.... I will have to give this one a whirl...

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

Yum! What a hearty and flavorful meal!

TeenieCakes said...

Your Tomato Pesto Cream Sauce sounds delicious..especially with the splash of Tabasco sauce. I've been looking for these different pastas from Buitoni and can't seem to find 'em in my local mkts.

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.