Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Coconut Macaroon Peach Cobbler

Enter to win some Tropical Traditions coconut oil like I used in the following recipe here.

In all the experimenting I did with the Tropical Traditions coconut oil I received a few weeks ago, this is by far my favorite.  It's coconut, ginger, oats, peaches.  It's good.

Coconut Macaroon Peach Cobbler:
3 1/2 cups sliced peaches, drained (frozen, fresh or canned)
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp minute tapioca
1 tsp chopped candied ginger
topping:
1 cup oats
4 Tbsp coconut oil (use butter, oil, whatever you have)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup flour
Combine peaches, sugar, tapioca and candied ginger and place in a prepared 11 X 7 pan.  Combine topping ingredients and mix with a pastry blender until crumbly (you can throw it all in a food processor and pulse it for 30 seconds instead).  Sprinkle the topping all over the peaches.  Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly.




25 comments:

baking.serendipity said...

Yum! This would be a great new recipe to make good use of all the peaches I have!

shannon i olson said...

This looks great. I love macaroons! looking forward to trying it.

xinex said...

I love coconut and I am sure I would love this, Kristen. Thanks for sharing...Christine

Melodie said...

It looks like you're already headed over to link up with me - yay! I just received my first jar of coconut oil. What a perfect recipe to try it out on! Organic peaches are on sale this week too!

Monet said...

Peaches and coconut and a warm and crisp topping...you are making me hungry!
http://anecdotesandapples.weebly.com

Le said...

I love cobblers/crumbles! Ive never had peaches and coconut together before but I can tell it would be quite tasty!

Jerri said...

I know my hubby would love this! Thanks for sharing.

Billie said...

Looks and sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing.

shopannies said...

sounds so good

Sue Sparks said...

A couple of my family members love coconut macaroons, so I'll have to try this cobbler! YUM! Thanks for the recipe and Happy 4th of July!

Drick said...

it sounds like it would be one of my favorites too - yummy, I love peaches.......glad ya'll liked the steak rub.....

21st Century Housewife© said...

What lovely flavours (I love ginger!), and a great recipe for this time of year with all the fresh peaches that are available.

The Mom Chef said...

Looks fantastic. I'll definitely give this a try. Thanks.

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

Oh my! You have just taken cobbler to a whole new level of goodness!

camala said...

This looks super good, I so want to try this!

Belinda said...

Nice "experiment!"

Suzy said...

Boy that looks rich and good. I love anything with coconut.

zentmrs said...

This looks just delicious!!

Joanne said...

Just so you know. When I read the title of this post. I moaned. Out loud. It looks fantastic!

The Food Apprecianado said...

So the recipe is: "all my favorite ish in a pan" bake at 350?
Awesome.

Natasha said...

What decadence! Love it!

Magic of Spice said...

This looks so good...love peach cobbler:)

Jerri said...

Such a great recipe! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites!

Jerri said...

I came back to let you know that I'll be featuring you in tonight's post. Come by and grab my "featured" button if you'd like one.

endy cooks and eats said...

looks delicious! would love to try this recipe...

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.