Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What I Did on My Summer Vacation

So this week is officially the half-way mark in our summer.  In five weeks, the kids are back in some sort of school ~ all of them.  

Here is what we have done so far.  I don't think the second half will be as exciting, so this may well be the list for the whole summer: 



  1. We visited my mother-in-law for the first time in three years.

  2. We all rode on a ferry with grandma.

  3. We went to the Boeing Museum of Flight on the free night only to find out it was closed for a private party. To save the night, we headed north to the University of Washington to the Museum of Natural History. The boys are finally old enough to enjoy museums!!!!

  4. The Good Guy and I survived two two-day trips in the car with all five of our children

  5. The Musician is enjoying a 6 week stint at a nearby university for a high school summer school program.

  6. The Thinker went for a week long camp at the Grand Canyon.

  7. The Engineer and the Comedian went on their first overnight camp outs without their folks.

  8. Princess Pat and I saw Toy Story 3. She cried the entire way home. Teddy bears and baby dolls should not be villains!!  

  9. The Engineer, the Comedian and I went to see the Karate Kid. It was so much better than the original.

  10. We have gone to the neighborhood pool once as a family, though the younger three boys have gone quite a few other times.

  11. We signed up for Netflix and canceled cable. I love it. The kids hate it. Oh well.

  12. The Engineer's front right tooth got hit in just the right way so it died! We are awaiting insurance approval for a root canal and filling. Poor kid!

  13. We ended physical therapy for the Comedian. Get this. So we have him on growth hormone, right? His thigh bones grew so fast that his muscles couldn't keep up. His hamstrings were so tight that he couldn't extend his legs all the way, so he was squatting enough as he ran/played/whatever that he strained his ACL. Yup. Life is just one thing after another around here!!

20 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

Oy Kristen, your house sounds like mine! And we leave tomorrow on a 13 hour car trip with the 3 youngest in the back- they're already arguing! "I called the way back seat first!! Tell him Mom!!!" S-i-g-h....
xoxoPattie

Belinda said...

Your summer is so full already!! I can't believe you've accomplished so much...or survived the car ride. I can't believe summer is halfway over. Hope the Comedian heals fast!

Martha said...

Your summer will be over when ours hits the halfway mark. School officially ended a week ago and will resume just after Labor Day.

We saw Toy Story 3 on Father's Day and loved it.

I must think of another Thursday Thirteen to post tomorrow...

Chef Dennis said...

what a great summer you are having! but when do you start school only 5 weeks...yikes....my girls don't come back to school till after labor day!

La Tempête said...

Ah children! Always have us on the run!!!

Monet said...

Yeah for canceling cable! We did the same a couple of years ago and we've never looked back.

http://anecdotesandapples.weebly.com

CountryDew said...

Very busy summer! Hope the rest of it is fun.

Joanne said...

Oy you have had one crazy summer so far! Some fun, some injuries, some pain...sounds like a mix of everything!

cookingmom said...

We just starting get Netflix through our PS3, and I LOVE IT. We still have cable, though. :-)

I am Harriet said...

sounds fun. I like those new Netflex commercials.


Enjoy your Thursday.
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/06/are-you-ready-for-the-fourth-of-july/

Rekaya Gibson said...

What a great summer vacation and it's not even over yet! Nice move on getting rid of cable. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Heather said...

Wow, you've had a very busy summer already. I have been without cable since March and aside from a couple programs on USA and the classics aired on TCM, I have not missed it. I might feel a bit different about that come fall, LOL.

I posted pics of vintage circus wagons this week.

Adelle Laudan said...

NO cable? Gasp! I have cable for my phone, internet, and tv. I don't drink, or smoke, so I consider it one of my very few luxuries.
Happy T13!

jehara said...

I remember riding the ferry to Block Island when I was a kid. I got such a kick out of it.

Alice Audrey said...

OMG! I didn't know a tooth could die in that way.

Drick said...

...and I hope your end of summer goes better, or is this the best there is? Life is funny ain't it? Ain't it grand....

Rachael said...

Sounds like an eventful summer so far! How was the museum at University of Wa? I've never been, but maybe my son would like it.

jillconyers said...

A very busy but fun summer. Sounds like my house :)

lovesmukiwa said...

I can't wait until my kids are old enough to enjoy museums!

Martha (MM) said...

Hi Kristen,
It was so nice to see you over at my blog for a visit. We sure still miss having you over at Our Krazy Kitchen.

Sounds like a great summer so far, except the root canal part of course - well, going home from Toy Story 3 crying isn't very good either.

I only get 4 weeks off for my summer break, spent the first week off painting and redecorating my boys rooms. It's just nice to have time to get some things done.

Enjoy the second half of your summer! :-)

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.