Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rachel Ray's Corn Fettucine

The danger of watching the Food Network is I find myself compelled to try some of the dishes featured.  This dinner a la Rachel Ray was Amazing.  Phenomenal.  Delicious.  Yup, all those and more.  It was easy to throw together, too.

Corn Fettucine (from Rachel Ray, with some tweaks)

  • 1 pound fettuccine
  • 12 slices bacon, chopped
  • 8 ears corn on the cob, shucked
  • 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
  • salt & black pepper to taste
  • 2 cups cream or evaporated milk
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves or 2 tsp dried thyme
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
  • 1/2 cup grated Asiago
Boil the fettucine according to package directions.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown the bacon.  Remove all but 3 Tbsp of fat.  Add the onion, 3/4 of the shucked corn, garlic and pepper to the pan.  Cook until vegetables are tender, about 5-6 minutes.  Add the remaining corn and cream to a food processor and puree until smooth.  Pour the stock or wine into the skillet and simmer to reduce.  Add the creamed corn mixture and thyme.  Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.  Toss with fettucine and cheese.  Serve warm.




9 comments:

Really Rainey said...

What a carb-o-lishious meal! My family would love that! Great photos too!

Have a great week end!
~Rainey~

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

This does look really good and corn is starting to show up at the store!

ButterYum said...

Somehow I'd never think to pair corn and pasta, but if RR made it, it's got to be good, right?

:)
ButterYum

Autumn Living said...

Oh my...my mouth is watering!!! I must try this recipe. I no longer have TV, but when I did the Food Channel was one of my favorites!!!

Blessings,
Kimberlynn

Joanne said...

I would have never thought to put corn in a pasta dish...let alone with a cream sauce but that actually looks incredibly appealing. And yes the FN is a dangerous thing to watch. It spurs all sorts of cravings.

Belinda said...

Looks delicious!

Food Lover said...

yum yum, looks great :)

bonnie said...

great recipe, rachel ray has some great recipes...i limit my time watching foodtv...i want to make EVERYTHING!!

sweetlife

Joseph's Grainery Recipes said...

This looks delicious. Wishing I had some bacon on hand so I could make it tonight. :(

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.