Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Blogging Brings Unexpected Opportunities For All of Us

When I began my "Make Your Own Monday" series, I decided to venture out of my comfort zone a bit and make some things I hadn't really thought of making, like cream cheese, jelly donuts, yogurt, and pizza rolls. Making some of those things might involve some creative repurposing of things I already own, as it would be at cross purposes of "frugal antics" to spend a ton of money in the attempt to save money.

Certainly, I can fry donuts in a dutch oven.  I always have cheese cloth on hand and have found that it doesn't hurt to wash and reuse it. I thought perhaps I would make some yogurt in my crockpot.  I have seen it done on a few blogs and not having a yogurt maker of my own, I thought it would be the best route to go.  Then, out of the blue, I was contacted by company that sells tons of products from cookware and barstools to furniture and other things about doing a review/giveaway of one of their items.  I got to choose.

My thoughts immediately turned to this series.  I went through my list and decided that we (you and I) need our own yogurt makers.  So, sometime soon, I will be posting about my adventure with the Tribest Yolife Yogurt Maker.  I will also be hosting a giveaway of the same product.  Stay tuned!


Allie and Pattie said...

I've always wondered about a yogurt maker. Can't wait
xoxo Pattie

Sharlene T. said...

Looking forward to what you come up with for the contest.

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Can't wait for your review, and for the giveaway, too. Making my own yogurt is my next personal challenge. My favorite brand of yogurt recently changed its recipe to add the dreaded corn syrup, and most others do too unless we buy expensive organic yogurt.

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.