Here are 13 different mixes that you can make and put in jars to give away. Or. Here are 13 different mixes you can make for yourself to put in the pantry. Or. Here are 13 different mixes you can make and decide later where to put them.
1. Potato Soup Mix 1-3/4 cups instant mashed potatoes 1-1/2 cups dry milk 2 Tb. instant chicken bullion 2 tsp. dried minced onion 1 tsp. dried parsley 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper 1/4 tsp. dried thyme 1/8 tsp. turmeric or curry 1-1/2 tsp. favorite seasoning salt Measure all ingredients in a canning jar or vacuum seal bag.
To Use: place 1/2 cup mix in soup bowl and add 1 cup boiling water. Stir until smooth.
Add small dehydrated potatoes or bacon bits Or small amount dehydrated broccoli or dehydrated corn or celery
2. Split Pea Tortellini Soup Mix
3 ounces dried cheese-filled tortellini (2/3 cup) 1/4 cup dried tomatoes 1/3 cup dried split green peas 1/2 cup dried chopped carrots 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules 1 tablespoon dried minced onion 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil -- crushed 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme -- crushed 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper Add a couple Table spoons Tomato Powder
Layer all ingredients in a Jar, or Vacuum Seal bag; seal & attach a tag with directions.
1 pkg mix
Add 5 cups water. Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 50 minutes or until peas are tender.
(Option: Add 1 cup chopped cooked ham or sausage or add imitation bacon bits to the mix above ahead of time for bacon flavor)
3. Texas Two-Step Soup Mix 1 (1.61-ounce) package brown gravy mix 2 tablespoons mild red chili powder 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon dried minced onion 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
10 to 12 regular-size tortilla chips, coarsely crushed 1 to 1 1/4 cups uncooked small to medium-size pasta Dehydrated corn, Dehydrated red and green bell pepper. Layer ingredients in a jar.
Brown 1/2 pound ground beef.
In a crockpot combine the following:
Browned ground beef
Contents of jar
8 c. water
Simmer a couple hours or until macaroni is fully cooked.
4. Sun Dried Tomato & Penne Soup 2 c. penne pasta dried tomatoes dried mushrooms 1/4 c. onion flakes 1/4 c. parsley flakes 1 T dried minced garlic 1 1/2 tsp dried crushed thyme 1 1/2 tsp dried minced basil 1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper Vegetable Broth powder Salt Pepper Dried Green Beans. Combine all ingredients in lg Jar or vacuum seal Bag.
1 Jar Mix
8 cups water Good with a little sausage.
Combine all except beans in large saucepot. Soak for an hour. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer in Thermo cooker.
5. Cream of "Anything" Soup Mix 4 c. powdered milk 1 1/2 c. cornstarch 1/2 c. instant chicken bouillon granules 4 tsp. dried onion flakes 2 tsp. dried thyme 2 tsp basil - crushed dried 1 tsp. pepper Measure all ingredients into a Ziploc Bag. Shake well, transfer to vacuum seal bag, seal and store up to a year.
1/3 C mix
1 C water
Cook over low/med heat until thickened.
Variations: add 1/2 c. minced or chopped *_________*
Onions, Mushrooms, Asparagus, Broccoli, Celery, Cooked Chicken, Diced Potatoes, Tomato, Cooked Shrimp, etc.
6. Creamy Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup 2.75-ounce pkg. Country Gravy Mix (regular or no-fat) 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules 2 teaspoons dried minced onion 2 teaspoons dried celery flakes
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes 1/4 cup uncooked wild rice 1 cup uncooked white rice
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dried mushrooms from the produce section (shiitake, chanterelle or oyster)
Attach gift tag with following directions:
Empty contents of jar into a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add 7 cups water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Or, place in crockpot in the morning with 7 cups of water and let it simmer all day until you get home.
7. Dreaming of a White Christmas Soup Mix 1 package (2.75 ounces) regular or no-fat country gravy mix 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules 2 tablespoons dried minced onion 2 tablespoons dried celery flakes 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes 2 1/2 to 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles or other pasta
Gift tag directions:
Empty contents of jar into a 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven. Add 8 cups water; heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to medium; add one 10-ounce or two 6-ounce cans cooked and chopped chicken. Cover and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
8. Farmhouse Soup 2 tablespoons dried minced onion 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes 2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper 2 tablespoons beef bouillon flakes 1/2 cup quick cook barley 1/2 cup dried split peas 1/2 cup rice, uncooked, do not use instant 1/2 cup dry lentils 1/2 cup alphabet pasta, uncooked
1 cup flavored spiral, macaroni, uncooked ½ cup dehydrated carrots ½ cup dehydrated celery 1 cup dehydrated tomatoes ¼ cup dehydrated cabbage, 3 table spoons tomato powder.
1 pkg Mix
3 quarts water Boil then simmer. Add Beef ground or chunks if available.
9. Winter Bean Soup Mix 1/3 cup dried yellow split peas 1/3 cup dried green split peas
1/3 cup dried lima beans 1/3 cup dried pinto beans 1/3 cup dried kidney beans 1/3 cup dried great northern beans 1/4 cup instant minced onion 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Layer all ingredients in a 1-pint glass jar.
On gift tag put recipe for Winter Bean Soup Mix as follows:
8 cups water
Winter Bean Soup Mix and the following fresh or already have dehydarated and include in jar:
2 medium carrots, chopped (1 cup) or 2 medium stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
2 pounds smoked ham shanks or meaty ham bone
Heat water and Winter Bean Soup Mix to boiling in 4-quart Dutch oven. Boil 2 minutes; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 1 hour. Stir carrots and celery into bean mixture. Add ham shanks. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 2 hours or until beans are tender. Skim fat if necessary. Remove ham shanks; remove ham from bone. Trim excess fat from ham. Cut ham into 1/2-inch pieces. Stir ham into soup. Heat until hot.
10. Vegetarian Black Bean Soup Mix 3 cups black beans, sorted 3 tablespoons dehydrated onion
3 tablespoons granulated garlic 1 teaspoon crushed oregano 2 teaspoon salt 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (do not omit) Dried Cilantro Dried chopped Onion dried limeslice
Attached the following instructions on a gift tag:
Put in pot. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and cover beans with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil and simmer until very well done (about 2 hours). Beans should be very soft. Add water as needed to keep beans from sticking. There should be some liquid left on beans when done.
Serve over Rice.
11. Turkey Noodle Soup Mix 1 cup Uncooked fine egg noodles 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
2 and 1/2 tablespoons chicken-flavored bouillon granules 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pepper 1/4 teaspoon dried whole thyme 1/8 teaspoon celery seeds 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder 1 bay leaf Add: Dried Turkey or chicken Dried Carrot Dried Celery Dried Corn
To make the soup:
Combine soup mix, 8 cups water, in a large pot. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Discard bay leaf
12. Minestrone Soup Mix 1/4 cup dried split peas 1/2 cup dried kidney beans 4 crumbled beef bouillon cubes 1 teaspoon dried basil 1 teaspoon dried oregano 1 teaspoon dried parsley 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper 1 cup elbow macaroni dried carrots dried celery dried onion dried corn dried tomatoes 3 Tbls. dried tomato powder
8 cups water
1 jar minestrone soup mix
1 pound sweet Italian sausage
Place water into a large stockpot. Add the minestrone soup mix and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Remove the skin from the sausage.
In a medium skillet, brown the sausage, breaking it into small pieces. Add to soup.
13. Bean Soup Mix 1/4 cup dried garbanzo beans 1/4 cup dried navy beans or lima beans 1/4 cup dried red kidney beans or pinto beans 1/4 cup dried whole or split peas 3 Tablespoons minced dried onion 2 Tablespoons whole wheat berries 2 Tablespoons pearl barley 2 Tablespoons dried celery flakes 2 tsps. instant beef bouillon granules 1/2 tsp. dried basil, 1 bay leaf Salt , dehydrated onion, tomato powder
Layer all ingredients.
Combine contents of package with 7 cups water in a 3-quart saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 1 hour. (Or soak bean mixture in the water overnight in a covered pan.) Do not drain. Bring beans and liquid to boiling, reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until beans are tender. Remove bay leaf. Season to taste. Makes 6-8 side dish servings. To make chilli add chilli powder and tomatoes, and beef if available. To make cheesy bean soup remove bay leaf, and use 4 cups water…mash a little add mild and cheese.
If you have not considered freeze dried vegetables or fruits for your pantry, here are a few links of places that sell them.
Emergency Essentials, Walton Feed, Amazon,
Visit thursday-13 for more 13 lists.
Visit Life as Mom for Frugal Friday.