Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

3 Berry Coffee Cake

I don't usually make coffee cake very often...maybe two or three times a year. That has changed lately as I have been using up various items in my pantry. This fun coffee cake uses Bisquick and instant vanilla pudding; what a fun combo!

3 Berry Coffee Cake
3/4 cup sugar plus 3 Tbls, divided
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 cups frozen 3 berry combo from Costco (use raspberries, blueberrie or whatever you have on hand)
2 cups bisquick mix
2/3 cup milk
2 eggs
2 Tbls oil
1 small pkg instant vanilla pudding
2 Tbls sugar
1/4 cold butter
In a saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch. Add berries and bring to a boil over medium. Boil for a few minutes, stirring constantly until thick and glossy. Remove from heat and allow to cool. In a mixing bowl, combine biscuit mix, mik, eggs, oil and remaining 3 Tbls sugar. Mix well. Spread 2/3 of this mixture in a greased 9 X 13 pan. Cover with berry mixture. Top with remaining 1/3 of batter. In a small bowl, combine pudding mix, 2 Tbls sugar and cut in cold butter with a fork or a pastry blender. Sprinkle over batter. Baker 350 for 35-40 minutes.


On a side note, I made these brownies for Wednesday's dessert. They were just your regular homemade brownie recipe, but I put milk chocolate chips on top before I baked them. It made the kids' eyes get big to see the "special" dessert.

visit southernfriedmama for tasty thursday, mr. linky willing.

5 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

I'll bet this would work well with Quick Mix too. I'll have to give it a try.

jeng said...

This looks really yummy.

Tracey said...

Ooh - that coffee cake sounds delicious! I haven't tried one with fruit before - thanks for sharing!

shopannies said...

they sound delicious

The Bumbles said...

Forget the kids - you made MY eyes go wide with those brownies. I just finished my lunch and one or two of those would be delicious right about now!!!

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.