Monday, March 16, 2009

Peanut Butter Bars

 You really should cut these before they harden.  I made up this clone of Reese's peanut butter cups and let them go too long.  It was a chore to find a piece that was pretty enough for a picture!

Now with Easter coming up, if you want to save yourself some money and make homemade Peanut Butter Eggs, mold the peanut butter mixture into egg shapes on a cookie sheet and freeze until solid. Dip into melted chocolate and store in fridge.  I have seen these at other times of the year dipped in chocolate, too.  So don't limit yourself to Easter!

Reese's Peanut Butter Bars (No Bake)
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
18 oz jar creamy peanut butter (2 cups)
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 pkg chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
Mix crumbs, peanut butter, sugar and butter until smooth. Press into 9 X 13 pan. Melt chips and spread on peanut butter mixture. Chill. Cut into squares and serve.

Visit Blessed with Grace for Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday
Visit Forever Wherever for Tasty Tuesdays.
Visit Raising 4 Godly Men for Tightwad Tuesdays
Visit Tammy's Recipes for Kitchen Tip Tuesdays


HappyHermit said...

Num !! This looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to try it.

Mary Beth said...

This looks so good!

foxxy said...

I think kids would flip for this one. It's like one big candy bar. Yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

You ROCK my WORLD!!!!! My favorite treat in the WHOLE WORLD!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe and joining us for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

mub said...

Geez these look -so- good!

amariaf2000 said...

I am on this! I found some cute molds at Hobby Lobby the other day, and I think these would do great in there!! THANKS!!!
~angela @ peonypatch

Sherry said...

My favorite flavor combo - chocolate and peanut butter! I have a died and gone to heaven! :D YUM!

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

Thanks for sharing this with us this week! My kids do love those peanut butter eggs! And I love peanut butter and chocolate anytime!

newlyweds said...

What a great idea, this looks sooo good!!!!

Sarah said...

HOnestly, if I made this I would end up eating more than half of the pan. DAngerous!

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

Yum! I wish I had some of this right now. I love peanut butter and chocolate stuff.

Liz@Hoosier Homemade said...

Those look yummy! Thanks for sharing!

lana said...

holy moly! This looks so good!

Jerralea said...

You can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate! Yummy!

Kirstin said...

How funny! I was just thinking about this yesterday. When I was in elementary school our school would make a dessert like this and my mom finally got the recipe because I loved it so much. Yesterday as I ate a spoon of peanut butter this came to mind and I though how good it would be! Glad I kept looking down further on your posts.

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.