Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

I am all about cheap, easy and using things I have on hand. This casserole fits all three categories.

Chicken Enchilada Casserole:
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 small can chopped green chilies
1 12.5 oz can chicken or turkey
10 flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Combine the sour cream, soup, chilies, 1/2 cup of cheese and chicken in a bowl. Tear up the tortillas into strips (about 4 to a tortilla). Put a little of the soup mixture on the bottom of a greased 9 X 9 casserole dish. Layer strips of tortillas and soup mix until soup is gone (like a lasagna). Top with cheese. Cover and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. If using foil to cover, spray with Pam so cheese doesn't stick to it. Sometimes I throw in some salsa,too. It's a really forgiving dish, so add what you like, take out what you like.


2 comments:

Frugal Jen said...

Thank you for posting. I printed it and will try this next week. I am going to link to this page.

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

Great recipe. I should make these some time.

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.