Sunday, January 18, 2009

Chicken Tetrazzini

Each year after Thanksgiving or Christmas or maybe both, my husband will ask me to make Tetrazzini.  There are lots of variations out there, but this is by far my family's favorite.  My mom started making it when I was a little girl.  I have carried on without much change.  Sometimes I use green onions instead of yellow.  Sometimes I use fresh mushrooms instead of canned.  Basically, though, I use this recipe.  It turns out deliciously every time.

This is a REALLY good recipe:
Chicken/Turkey Tetrazzini:
1 diced onion
1 can mushrooms
4 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp parsley
2 cups cooked chicken or turkey
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
12oz pkg spaghetti, cooked.
Parmesan cheese
Saute onion and mushrooms in butter. Add parsley and meat. Cover and let sit off heat 10 minutes. Stir in soup and sour cream. Add spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve.


lynn @ queenofthecastlerecipes said...

This tetrazzini sounds simple but good. Thanks for sharing :) And thanks for stopping by my blog, too. I love reading all the great recipes out there in blogland.

Tiffany @ Gone Country said...

Awesome recipe, that looks really good I think I might try that next week. love it!

Mist said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I've been meaning to try my hand at quiche for quite awhile, but somehow it always seems to slip my mind. You've reinspired me, so thanks!

n*stitches said...

Thanks for the breakfast ideas! We are stuck in a the sugared corn flakes rut!

Tami said...

Hi Kristen, thanks for stopping by. It's nice to meet you.

Mandi said...

The tetrazzini sounds great. Have a wonderful week!

momstheword said...

Your menu looks great! I wonder if your lentil casserole is the same as mine. I got my recipe from Receipezaar. I'll have to check back here on Friday to see! I'd love another recipe.

Traci said...

The terazzini sounds great.

Thank you for stopping at my blog. Have a great week.

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.