Monday, January 26, 2009

My 100th Post: Recipe for KFC Original Recipe Chicken Clone

I am in the midst of a serious effort to lose weight, so for my 100th post, I am treating myself with the thought of eating KFC's Original Recipe greasy, fattening chicken while I eat my sensible, good for me food.

You don't have to be so deprived however. I found this recipe in a newspaper years ago. It makes really tasty chicken.

KFC Original Recipe Herbs:
2 T paprika
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp basil
1 tsp sage
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp onion salt
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp marjoram
1 tsp allspice
Mix all ingredients and store in a glass jar. When ready to make your fried chicken, add 2 Tbls to your flour. Fry or oven-fry chicken as you normally would.

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday is hosted by Blessed with Grace
Tasty Tuesdays is hosted by Forever Wherever


Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

Thanks so much for bringing your cool recipe to Tasty Tuesday!! It caught my husband's attention real quick! On one of our motorhome trips we stopped by the ORIGINAL KFC to eat! We took photos outside and everything! How funny is that??? I'm going to give this a try!

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

I LOVE KFC! What a great post! I've copied down all the ingredients, but it looks like I'll have to go to the store before I can try it! Thanks for sharing!

Akannie said...

Hi, Kristin!!!

Today is also my 100th post on my Elegant Blessings blog...we're both celebrating!! lol

Linked to your blog from it!!

Annie Kelley, waving like crazy!!

Brenda said...

Wow, this is a recipe worth having!

Sherry said...

Wowsa! This sounds delish!!

Congratulations on your 100th post!!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

What a fun recipe to share with everyone!! Thanks you. This is just the kind of thing that I love, on Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. Glad you participate, each week.

lana said...

too cool! Thanks for sharing.

Life with Kaishon said...

Good luck with your weight loss. I know how stressful that can be. I am always trying to lose weight. Hope your week is happy! God bless.

~TAMY 3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

I have to try this! Congratulations on your 100th post!

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.