Monday, November 17, 2008

Pumpkin Cookies with Browned Butter Frosting

A long time ago, I had a friend bring me a plate of these cookies (or some that were pretty dang close), thus introducing me to anything pumpkin besides pie or bread.  I just about licked every cookie on the plate to claim them as mine (my sons do that to each other...any of you moms of boys experience that?).  I just adored the cookies.  So, I went on a search to find a recipe that caused that same level of selfishness to appear in my normally sharing nature.
These did it.
Pumpkin Cookies with Browned Butter Icing (adapted Taste Of Home):
1 stick butter
1 egg
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
11/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
Cream butter and sugar. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture. Fold in the raisins. Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheets. Bake 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire wracks.
Brown 1/3 cup butter (must be butter) in a skillet. Add 3 cups powdered sugar and blend until smooth. Add about 3 Tbls milk and 1 tsp vanilla. Stir until smooth. Spoon over cookies.
Yummy Note: If you put waxed paper under the cookie wracks, you can scoop up the stuff that falls and use it again or sneak a taste!


Sherry said...

This sounds wonderful! :D I would definitely try this. :D

Lynn said...

These sound good. Thanks.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I am so excited. I have everything in my pantry to make these cookies!! woo hoo! Thanks for joining in, again, this week. So much fun and so yummy.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hi there. Just trying to get back around to some I missed yesterday for TMTT. Browned butter icing. Never heard of that. Sounds so sinfully good.

Katherine Martinelli said...

Brown butter frosting??!! Yes please! So gad to have discovered this amazing recipe - thanks for linking up!

The Tablescaper said...

Oh my yumm. This looks amazing!!! It would be wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.