Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Italian Sausage Over Spaghetti Squash

This was originally posted in October 2008, when I first started blogging. I thought it may come in handy for some gardeners this year. It is absolutely delish!
Tonight I made Italian Sausage over Spaghetti Squash. My spaghetti squash this year was extra orange with beta carotene. The grocery stores called it orangetti.
1 lb bulk Italian sausage
1 small onion, diced
1 small green pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can Great Northern beans, drained
1 small zucchini, sliced
1 can Italian tomatoes (I used fresh)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
1 medium spaghetti squash
Cut the squash in half. Scoop out the insides, prick the skin and lay it cut side down in a glass pan. Pour 1/2 cup water over it and cover. Microwave 15 minutes or until done. Scoop out strands and place on platter. Meanwhile (or maybe first!) brown sausage in a pan, drain. Add onion, pepper and garlic and cook until onions are almost done. Add the zucchini, beans, tomatoes and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Pour over the spaghetti squash and serve.
I normally don't care about presentation but this is one pretty dish!
Visit The Krazy Kitchen for Simple Supper Saturdays

2 comments:

Hoosier Homemade said...

That looks yummy! Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my Zucchini Bread recipe!
~Liz

Martha said...

Oh this really looks yummy! I bet it would be great minus the sausage too for a vegetarian meal. Thanks for linking this one. Only problem is that I want it right now! :-)

All content in this website including text and pictures is copyrighted and belongs to me. If you need to use it or reproduce it, please ask first. Any unauthorized usage will constitute plagiarism.